PDA

View Full Version : What I hate about this time of year

Nickj
09-11-2011, 09:44 PM
Not in any specific order

It's dark and raining cars its normal weather nothing wierd or freaky ... In the dark you'd do 60, in the rain you'd do 60... so why are you doing 30??? Just get the frack out of my way

Cars with out of alignment lights... Sheesh people the tree tops are lit up, the road isn't.. you don't think that your lights might be a little bit out of adjustment do you ????

Cars sitting right on your ass on main beam... I can see already thankyou very much.. now back off before I show you how fast I can switch between hard braking and acceleration.. It's bad but I'm very good at that one.

I dipped my light you stupid barsteward, you dipping yours??

In most or all of the above there should be a law that lets you smash their lights out.

steeevvvooo
09-11-2011, 10:20 PM
If I won the lottery, I would love to be a traffic cop. My life would consist of pulling people driving while talking on mobiles/texting/emailing... drivers hogging anything other than the lefthand lane on a motorway, speeding though 20s and 30s that are obviously built-up areas etc etc

I feel your pain... :fou:

bex
09-11-2011, 10:31 PM
What I hate is that there are people already christmas shopping on Oxford Street and theres christmas lights up. Call me scrooge, but really....? Mid november? arghhhhh.

Oh and all that stuff about cars and out of alighment lights I hate that too! ;-)

Gordon H
09-11-2011, 10:47 PM
What I hate is that there are people already christmas shopping on Oxford Street and theres christmas lights up. Call me scrooge, but really....? Mid november? arghhhhh.

Oh and all that stuff about cars and out of alighment lights I hate that too! ;-)

Humbug......

He11cat
10-11-2011, 12:21 AM
Larger car things like people carriers , new 4X4 's and SUV's ... with stupidly bright lights .. even worse stupidly bright lights on full beam on those over sized cars.. they sit just at the right height to blind you on a bike!

Kids in hot hatches usually with too many people in, texting , driving up your exhaust pipe , cutting you up and driving like knobs.
We have a one way system that is used as a boy racer race track at night.

Seems to be a lot of cars with one normal headlight and one as dim as a candle or none at all.

My biggest gripe at the moment in the dark pushbikes with no lights...
Oh this sodding drizzle thats drenching but not real rain! The stuff that makes my bones hurt.

knuckledragger
10-11-2011, 08:59 AM
I live in the sticks on the Lincs Fens and the amount of mud on the roads from farm vehicles is fecking ridiculous............plus you have all of the above Aaaarrrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhh :banghead:

J_Dub
10-11-2011, 10:27 AM
Front fog (c0ck) lights on when there is no fog. Rear fog lights on when it's raining and there is a lot of spray.
Rear lights on cars so bright they are blinding at night when the brakes are applied and oddly enough not visible at all in daylight.

the_adam
10-11-2011, 10:45 AM
I really like the winter when I'm not on the bike...but with only a bike it's going to make commuting a lot less happy again. So my complaint would be against snow, specifically that it is too slippery and seems to require cold weather. And I'm sure it wouldn't like it if I lay all over the road while it was trying to get to work :mad:

Oh...and out-of-alignment christmas tree lights. And light-up santas. In fact the santa side of Christmas in general, but don't get me started on that :)

On a slightly more serious note, the badly aligned car headlights have been bothering me a lot more than normal this year. On one occasion it nearly led to running into one of these scooters that don't mind which side of the road they use. Sort of made me realise how some people have managed to pull out in front of me in the past (although most of them just need their cars taking away), and I've gone and started wearing one of these high-vis vests at night now. So I guess some good's come out of it

Just remember though, it's not really Christmas until the festive coke advert appears on tv! ;)

Char
10-11-2011, 10:49 AM
Cyclists with no lights

Cyclists (usually the lycra clad ones) using the road when us tax payers have paid for a perfectly good cylcle path about four feet to their left

He11cat
10-11-2011, 01:07 PM
Ditto to above and who wear full race gear including the starwars helmet and ride in the middle of the road.....
may I add.
Cyclists in lycra who do not wear underwear... orange lycra shows this the worst and goes see through!
Please spare us all...... worse crime then speedos!

Nickj
10-11-2011, 06:17 PM
Lycra... ahhh we have a guy who cycles in every day , sometimes you bimble into the changing room and there is it... A vertical grin right in your face. Way to start the day LOL

On mud in roads, if i built a berm of mud across the road what would happen?? If a farmer builds a bigger berm and covers the road for the next mile of so what happens?? Compare and contrast.
Locally they are doing the winter seeding so some places its not so much mud on the road as road in the mud... somewhere

While we are on lights.... High level brake lights!! Why was it a smart idea to put a set of ultra bright LEDs at eye level.Things aren't even a legal requirement just a pain in the ass or eyes really

mrbryanmarshall
11-11-2011, 07:09 AM
not sure why, but car drivers ability decreases in Nov/Dec...also, where did all the mahusive trucks come from all of a sudden in central london?!

Sam69
11-11-2011, 08:13 AM
Just remember though, it's not really Christmas until the festive coke advert appears on tv! ;)

Na! slade on the radio then it's christmas for me!!

He11cat
11-11-2011, 08:23 AM
Those stupid body kits with those fog lights in are blinding.....

To add to the glumness... just spied they put up the Christmas decorations in our town last night.... :(
I hate Christmas with a passion it gets crappier every year to go with my crappy birthday 8 weeks later.
Also been told I am only allowed a tiny bit of alcohol oh joy...

Knowing my luck Santa wil arrive in his sledge with misaligned headlights ,pulled by Yorkshire terriers with bows in their fur to the music of Cliff Richards Mistletoe and wine.
The sledge will have a body kit with fog lights... Santa will be dressed in orange lycra with no underwear on carrying gifts of the contents of Thresher...... he will make me eat sprouts as well.

What do you mean he doesn't exist ???? what??? :(

the_adam
11-11-2011, 08:33 AM
Knowing my luck Santa wil arrive in his sledge with misaligned headlights ,pulled by Yorkshire terriers with bows in their fur to the music of Cliff Richards Mistletoe and wine.
The sledge will have a body kit with fog lights... Santa will be dressed in orange lycra with no underwear on carrying gifts of the contents of Thresher...... he will make me eat sprouts as well.

:chuckle: that's really not a nice picture

Na! slade on the radio then it's christmas for me!!

That's another good sign...although it'd have to be the pogues for me :)

He11cat
11-11-2011, 09:23 AM
Welcome to my world Adam it's a scary place!! You don't want to know what the Elves are wearing!!

Nickj
11-11-2011, 08:31 PM
Welcome to my world Adam it's a scary place!! You don't want to know what the Elves are wearing!!

Oh but we do :thumbsup:

He11cat
11-11-2011, 10:44 PM
Im knitting you one as we speak :)

revver
12-11-2011, 10:20 AM
All of the above but with a bit added. They are cutting the hedges around hear and so far the wife has had 2 punctures and around 5 thorns that did not go all the way through, my daughters push bike tyres are flat from going up the lane and the wifes pull cart for the allotment has flat tyres tooooooo. Why the hell can t they clean up their f*****g mess. AND THE FOG LIGHT THING P****S ME RIGHT OFF. (I only have 1 front one now as a pheasant wanted a closer look at one of mine and then flew off with it, i think he was flying?

Nickj
12-11-2011, 07:19 PM
Always used to get a few punctures when I was up in your area Revver, I don't think it's anything personal LOL
(Rhayader 2day)
I switched over to mousses, they would daintily pick their way through the sharper stuff but sometimes the antlers got stuck between trees...

bean
12-11-2011, 10:14 PM
won't be long until the gritting basterds hit the road either and i have to clean my bike 24/7!

love the braking and accelerating technique though

Quantox
18-11-2011, 11:32 PM
[QUOTE=He11cat;410066]
I hate Christmas with a passion it gets crappier every year to go with my crappy birthday 8 weeks later. :([/QUOTE})

Mine too, I'll raise a glass and toast you then.

Cheers

Q

He11cat
19-11-2011, 05:48 PM
And to you :)
the towns all lit up and bloody carols being played it's Nov :(
why can't we just have a week before Christmas ?
Oh to be even grouchier I'm looking forward to an ultra crappy New year..
Roll on march. I had quite a few do,s to go to but I aquired a nutter.. Everywhere I go ..
So a friend invited him to all the do's.
I have now cancelled !! :(

Small Clanger
20-11-2011, 04:05 PM
November. By Thomas Hood.

No sun,no moon!
No morn, no noon!
No dawn,no dusk,no proper time of day
No sky,no earthly view
No distance looking blue

No road,no street
No "t'other side the way"
No end to any row
No indications where the crescents go

No top to any steeple
No recognitions of familiar people
No courtesies for showing 'em
No knowing 'em

No mail, no post
No news from any foreign coast
No park,no ring, no afternoon gentility
No company,no nobility

No warmth,no cheerfulness, no helpful ease
No comfortable feel in any member
No shade,no shine,no butterflies,no bees
No fruits,no flowers,no leaves,no birds
November

I don't know what the weather's like where you are but it's been a miserable, grey November day here in the Dales.

A few more logs on t'fire and a nice cold Carlsberg for me.:thumbsup:

Nickj
20-11-2011, 04:31 PM
A dismal and dour scot

uksurfer
20-11-2011, 04:38 PM
i cant believe all this sadness about xmas, im really looking forward to it!

Cant wait!!

Mand
20-11-2011, 07:12 PM
i cant believe all this sadness about xmas, im really looking forward to it!

Cant wait!!

Yeah me too strangely enough, though im looking forward to may 31st more... The TT Wooooo hooooo!!

revver
20-11-2011, 07:37 PM
Nickj. I just wish they would blow them to the side or something. This year they seemed to do all roads at the same time. Do you compete or just watch the 2 day. ( I am about 3 mile further up the road from cwm-y-thig).

nambduke
20-11-2011, 09:22 PM
[QUOTE=J....Front fog lights on when there is no fog....... Rear fog lights on when it's raining and there is a lot of spray. [/QUOTE]

Agree with the rear fog lights, but most cars are now technically fitted with front driving lights....not fog lights so not illegal to use with side lights, dipped or main beam. Some cars (seats for example) have front driving lights come on individually as you turn in a particular direction.

Nickj
21-11-2011, 10:26 AM
Nickj. I just wish they would blow them to the side or something. This year they seemed to do all roads at the same time. Do you compete or just watch the 2 day. ( I am about 3 mile further up the road from cwm-y-thig).

Used to compete LOL I was younger then and trashing someone elses bike ;) Yay for ARE compshop and 250EXC's. Watching was never so much fun though my kids liked it as I knew most everyone so quite a few riders would wave if they saw us.
I could still probably muddle by in E2 or E3 but it's amusing to see I'd be firmly in the 'veterans' class