PDA

View Full Version : Puncture and Ducati Card Assistance

azarms
01-11-2011, 08:25 PM
Hi all,

I've had my Monster 696 for 2 months and unfortunately got my first puncture tonight :(
I managed to get it home and so now its parked outside with a rear flat.

I'll sort getting it fixed in the morning, but does anybody know if Ducati Card Assistance will sort getting it to the tyre shop? Otherwise I'll need to get AA or RAC so that I can get the bike towed to where it needs to go.

A

blue_toaster
01-11-2011, 08:34 PM
How about trying a mobile tyre fitter?

azarms
01-11-2011, 08:56 PM
I didn't think of that - will check that out for central london. thanks.

Lucati
01-11-2011, 09:00 PM
I've got a number four bloke in South London if that's any good? Where are you in London?

azarms
01-11-2011, 09:17 PM
I'm in central london. Live in WC1, work in the city.
If your guy travels north of the river that would be great.

slob
01-11-2011, 10:25 PM
Chazbikes or FWR if you can get enough air in it to get to shop

Funkatronic
01-11-2011, 10:33 PM
dont think ducati will cover this as is wear and tear not a warranty issue

best plan is buy a quick hit puncture plugger for £10, most motorbike bike shops should have this (infinty in holborn or gt portland st)
pump it up, then take it to chas bikes in waterloo/lambeth north or FWR in kennignton to get it plugged properly (ie from the inside) or get a new tyre if the hole is too far from the centre line for them to plug. fwr are the usually chepest for tyres in london

i tend to carry a quick hit puncture kit everywhere along with one of those litle compressed gas cannister pumps for push bikes £20 from evans (u need at least 2 gas canisters for a motoribike rear tyre). they will fit under the seat with the toolkit

good luck

Gadget
02-11-2011, 01:32 AM
Chasbikes have moved. They are now also in Kennington.
http://www.chasbikes.co.uk/

Funkatronic
02-11-2011, 10:52 AM
i know, but its closer to lambeth north really

next to the gates of Bedlam no less!!

its a cliche but an apt place for a bike shop imho