PDA

View Full Version : Rossi's Simoncelli tribute Desmosedici for Valencia

Mr Cake
30-10-2011, 06:07 PM
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/298892_10150345619595186_671450185_8466027_8567589 37_n.jpg

There will also be, so I've heard, a one minute "salute" with all bikes from all three classes revving their engines as per Marco's father's request. It's safe to say that they will be joined by a 620, ZX6R and an R1!

Ride safe folks, and I hope you get your bikes warmed up for this one!

Cakey Spooner :flag:

Pedro
30-10-2011, 08:15 PM
A fitting tribute

gary tompkins
30-10-2011, 08:32 PM
They had a minutes silence at the F1 GP in India today

SunEye
31-10-2011, 06:17 PM
A salute with all the bikes from all the classes being reved will be an awesome noise. The start of each race is loud enough, but three times that, I hope everyone at Valencia has earplugs ready.

I also read today that the Gresini team will be racing at Valencia. That must have been a tough decision.

Fausto Gresini said

"The decision to participate was not an easy one, but we have made this choice as it is what Marco would have wanted. Going out on track at Valencia is definitely the best way to honour him by doing what he most loved to do: Ride and experience the world of MotoGP."

“This is why I believe that the best show of affection that we can make to Marco is by lining up our teams and riders for this race. ‘Super Sic’ will be present in the hearts of Hiroshi Aoyama, Michele Pirro and Yuki Takahashi, and I am sure that they will give him a most fitting tribute with their performances on Sunday,”

As for the Marco tribute Ducati for Rossi, that would appear to be just a suggestion by a fan. Apparently Rossi's best mate Uccio has asked on Twiter how fans would like Rossi to pay tribute to Marco at Valencia. The Marco tribute Ducati was one suggestion. My suggestion is that Valentino should ride Marco's Honda and win the race, but in all official stats it should be listed as number 58 (Marco) having won the race.

rac3r
31-10-2011, 07:42 PM
As for the Marco tribute Ducati for Rossi, that would appear to be just a suggestion by a fan. Apparently Rossi's best mate Uccio has asked on Twiter how fans would like Rossi to pay tribute to Marco at Valencia. The Marco tribute Ducati was one suggestion. My suggestion is that Valentino should ride Marco's Honda and win the race, but in all official stats it should be listed as number 58 (Marco) having won the race.

Would be easier to paint the Ducati in Gresini/Marco colours. Not sure about winning on the Ducati though :chuckle:

Mr.Number
31-10-2011, 11:07 PM
Would be easier to paint the Ducati in Gresini/Marco colours. Not sure about winning on the Ducati though :chuckle:

thats for next year, believe it

Mr Cake
01-11-2011, 08:01 AM
Minute of chaos confirmed. (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/95826)

American Josh Hayes will stand in for the injured Colin Edwards too.

C

Mr Cake
04-11-2011, 09:59 AM
1115hrs Sunday morning for the minute of noise.

C