PDA

View Full Version : Booking 2012 weekender

rollo22
28-10-2011, 05:58 PM
Calling all UKMOC Members

Here we are, attached are the Booking Form and Rules for the Weekender Friday May 4th to Monday 7th 2012

PLEASE REMEMBER TO PUT YOUR FORUM NAME IN THE REFERENCE BOX SO I KNOW WHO HAS SENT THEIR DEPOSIT (arrow mill deposit not good)

Please Make Cheques Payable to Duncan Haines

The info Page is on next page

The itinerary will follow we are still in talks with a few people and will post as soon as we
have a full list of events for the week end

rollo22
28-10-2011, 06:06 PM
Here is the info page as promised

jotr1960
28-10-2011, 06:10 PM
As you all know "behind every man is an even better woman"..... Rollo 22's booking form has just arrived on my desk !!!

Mr Cake
28-10-2011, 07:53 PM
That rules and guidelines list reminds me of a Team Crumble weekend away in Essex *shudders*

C

MOB_Sven
28-10-2011, 08:25 PM
Sorry but we can't come, Stefanie has to work and is not possible to take vacation... Sorry Guys :(

J.P
29-10-2011, 07:10 AM
in the post. :)

gary tompkins
29-10-2011, 03:23 PM
Also posted today :woot:

ricky
29-10-2011, 04:26 PM
Ill be making the trip over again.... been 5 years since my last weekender!!:ukm:]

Am trying to get some fellow ulster and irish men to join me!!!

Nonnie
30-10-2011, 09:56 AM
That rules and guidelines list reminds me of a Team Crumble weekend away in Essex *shudders*

C

Holy crap! The Burt Reynolds Suite... *shudders too*

samieb
30-10-2011, 04:17 PM
Sorry but we can't come, Stefanie has to work and is not possible to take vacation... Sorry Guys :(

That's a shame, always look forward to seeing the MOB crew.

Hope your both well and enjoying test riding different bikes.
:(

Albie
31-10-2011, 04:14 PM
Due to next year being a halfway century, we may or may not make it. We have a busy schedule with cyprus, neices grand wedding and then Italy road trip so funds will be tight. We are hoping to still come but to the lodge for us for a couple of days. At least it will free up the space for those that always say they want to come and its always full ;););)

singletrack
31-10-2011, 05:58 PM
We had hoped to come, but my daughter is expecting our first grandchild on 9th May so I fear we may be busy that weekend. We will try to to make it for the day on Sunday if poss
( that is if I am allowed - I have just had a suspected stroke and am not allowed to drive at the moment. Fingers crossed it is nothing serious.)

Rally
31-10-2011, 06:23 PM
Anne,
So sorry to read the above, let's hope it's not one. You relax and take care now.

buzzbomb
31-10-2011, 06:54 PM
Blimey Anne I hope its nothing serious...

Sit down, put your feet up and have a nice cuppa...:thumbsup:

Geoff xxx

gary tompkins
28-11-2011, 08:04 PM
This has gone a bit quiet so thought I'd bump it up

How are the bookings going so far Duncan?

Lima071
28-12-2011, 08:31 AM
What rideouts are planned for the weekend?

J.P
28-12-2011, 10:48 AM
No concrete plans yet, but there's always the Sunday National Rideout which I've led for the last couple of years.
Saturday is usually reserved for 'free time' either based around an activity we might offer or individuals who want to do their own thing.

gary tompkins
28-12-2011, 04:27 PM
We are currently waiting for a weekender itinerary TBC and posted up. Hence J.P's response regarding rideouts etc.. posted above.

To be honest I'm still hoping for an update from Duncan to this earlier post...

This has gone a bit quiet so thought I'd bump it up

How are the bookings going so far Duncan?

benson
30-12-2011, 05:03 PM
Team Crumble vs Esses.
The Burt Reynolds suite was far too much for me I can tell you. Might be tempted to do some camping type activity thought!
Anne - PM on the way!!!

Mand
31-12-2011, 06:41 AM
Team Crumble vs Esses.
The Burt Reynolds suite was far too much for me I can tell you. Might be tempted to do some camping type activity thought!
Anne - PM on the way!!!

Still scarred by the burt Reynolds experience..

I may do a travel lodge visit this year.. just for one night, what do you reckon pesty pants?

benson
31-12-2011, 09:04 AM
Travel lodge sounds appealing!

benson
31-12-2011, 10:28 AM
Mission accomplished!!!

Mand
31-12-2011, 03:21 PM
Ditto!!! Woo hoo!

Mission accomplished!!!

rollo22
13-01-2012, 05:21 PM
Any more lots of room

chris yeatman
13-01-2012, 08:30 PM
i plan to just come up on the saturday for the day,
money is tight and cant afford £205 for the mill.

gary tompkins
14-01-2012, 12:44 AM
Daytrippers are always welcome at Arrow mill on Saturday or Sunday

stuartg
20-01-2012, 06:17 PM
I might come up for one of the days if thats ok :)

uksurfer
20-01-2012, 06:34 PM
I might come up for one of the days if thats ok :)

of course its ok, the more the merrier, and you can always join in the fun :mand:

woody71
21-01-2012, 06:13 AM
Yep. It is just the saturday for me too. See you there.

benson
21-01-2012, 07:01 AM
Saturday likely for us too - hope the sun is kind

jotr1960
23-01-2012, 09:10 AM
End of January is techinically deposit time for bookings at The Mill. There are a few rooms left - so please get your booking forms in quickly. Here's the itinerary to save you searching a second thread.
UK Monster Owners’ Club Weekender 2012 Itinerary

Friday 4th May

4.00pm Onwards arrive and check in (bar obviously open for earlier arrivals - but rooms may not be ready)
Meet and greet in bar and lounge area

8.00pm Carvery Dinner

ANY/ALL ADDITIONAL ACTIVITIES AND MEALS MUST BE PAID FOR TONIGHT

Saturday 5th May 2012 ------ UKMOC OPEN DAY at ARROW MILL
8.00am Breakfast - THEN OUT TO THE CAR PARK FOR LOADS OF FUN………………..
12.30pm Lunch NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE OF THE WEEKENDER OR TRAVELLODGE FOOD COSTING
Soup and/or Sandwiches from the special “ UKMOC Menu”
or make your own choice from the Hotel’s Menu.
8.00pm Gala Dinner - including Grumpy's Quiz

SATURDAY’S ACTIVITIES ARE ALL BASED AT THE MILL
THE DAY INCLUDES

MOTO GYMKHANA COMPETITION – with PRIZES

WARWICKSHIRE POLICE BIKE SAFE – OBSERVED RIDE OUTS
You must bring Licence, MOT & Insurance to join an Observed Ride (Non-UK bikes – licence and insurance)

STAFFORD’S CARBON STAND!
Carbon Bling at great prices – supplied by Carbon World Germany

DUCATI DEALERSHIP STAND ------ as yet unconfirmed
OTHER TRADESTANDS --------AWAITING FINAL CONFIRMATION

Sunday 6th May

8.00am Breakfast

Top off fuel tank for the National Ride-out

10.30am Assemble in Car Park for the National Ride-out Briefing

11.00am NATIONAL RIDE OUT
ON RETURN PLEASE PARK YOUR MONSTER IN THE COMPETITION AREA FOR YOUR CHOSEN CLASS

1.00pm Lunch in Mill Gardens - NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE OF THE WEEKENDER

2.00pm VOTING OPENS FOR THE BIKE COMPETITION
to 3.00pm – please post your voting form in the ballot box by 3.30pm

4.30pm PRIZE GIVING for Forum awards and Bike Competition
After prize giving socializing in the bar and on the terrace

8.00pm Hot Buffet Supper and another of Grumpy's Silly Competitions!

Monday 7th May

8.00am Breakfast
10.00am Vacate Rooms - settle any outstanding bills and depart

rollo22
29-01-2012, 03:11 PM
Bump ity Bump

rollo22
10-03-2012, 10:12 AM
Just a reminder to all that have paid there W/E Deposit that the Final Payment will become due at the end of the Month.

There is still space available so come on drop me a PM and book

The BALANCE DUE is £105 If sending a cheque please make payable to DUNCAN HAINES

rollo22
19-03-2012, 06:00 PM
Note to all

See above post

slob
25-03-2012, 03:59 PM
Paid electronically. Thanks Duncan, looking forward to it.

rollo22
28-03-2012, 06:09 PM
Only few days left to pay the FINAL AMOUNT £105

Char
28-03-2012, 07:20 PM
Paid - do I get a naughty corner discount?:dizzy:

rollo22
28-03-2012, 08:48 PM
Paid - do I get a naughty corner discount?:dizzy:

NO cos at the time of booking you owned a monster

He11cat
30-03-2012, 10:48 AM
Can I have details of how to pay electronicaly please ..

Marion
08-04-2012, 01:22 PM
Not been on a Monster weekender before. Can you give me some idea of what's what and when? Can we come just for a day?

slob
08-04-2012, 01:31 PM
You can come for the day on Saturday or Sunday or both, pm Rollo22 for overnight stay/meals availability.
Full itinerary here http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=43817

neilo
12-04-2012, 08:39 PM
I'm coming for the day (on the Sunday). Can't make a weekend of it I'm afraid, I've got a wife who's just had a major operation, so need to play close to home for a bit.

Looking forward to it, and to putting some faces to forum names!

the_adam
13-04-2012, 07:58 AM
I was hoping to be able to drop in on the saturday or sunday...although can't say for sure whether I'll be free yet! On the itinerary the lunches aren't included in the weekender price, does that mean it's fine not to pre-book them and just pay if/when I'm there? Not having been there before I wasn't sure if the mill is normally a food-selling place or if they're putting it on specially

Sorry to be difficult, I should really make sure I make it down this year!

neilo
01-05-2012, 03:47 PM
Really hoping we get some decent(ish) weather for the weekend/day! The forecast isn't looking promising, but then we've still got a few days to go. :hail: to your weather Gods!

Albie
01-05-2012, 03:51 PM
Yes fingers crossed for you guys. I'm unfortunate to be in a car but hopefully I wont end up being fortunate and it being wet. I cross all my crossables for you and bring the gazebo for the sun shade only.

J.P
01-05-2012, 03:54 PM
Anyone checked whether Arrow Mill is in danger of being flooded ?

utopia
01-05-2012, 04:38 PM
No, but last year I had a stroll along the river and I remember the banks being quite steep with a biggish drop down to the water, so maybe there's a good chance that all will be well.
Good point though, and probably worth checking, maybe on thursday.

One good thing about all this rain....the winter salt will have been well rinsed away.

rollo22
01-05-2012, 04:47 PM
Sunshine Wed
Rain Thur

DRY Fri and Sat

Albie
01-05-2012, 07:12 PM
The norm is rain monday for the road home to kent. Always has ... Lets pray that because I wont be riding it will be kind to the rest of you.

He11cat
01-05-2012, 08:23 PM
The baby is in bits :( and I'm not sure if I'm fit to ride.
I really really want to as going stir crazy ..
I don't usually attend bike things not on a bike but this year may be the case :(
I will be so glad to have a sleep in a quiet bedroom and time away.

uksurfer
01-05-2012, 09:49 PM
I'm going to drink beer :)

Nonnie
01-05-2012, 09:57 PM
I'm going to be exceptionally quiet and well behaved,

BluprintZ
02-05-2012, 10:20 AM

That....i would pay money to see! :) .

Doesn't look as though i'm gonna make it yet again this year.
After several months of hardly any work coming into the studio, i now find myself with two documentaries to edit and score, plus a twelve track album to produce for an artist from Hereford.
I was looking forward to catching up with the class of 2009 (the year i won my award, ahem!) and meeting some of the new members but alas, it isn't to be.

Hope you all have a wicked weekender and the sun shines for you on the journey back home.

Ride safe amigos.

G ; ) :thumbsup:

Stafford
02-05-2012, 11:16 AM

Can I join you? :booze:

gary tompkins
02-05-2012, 12:18 PM
Mine's a pint of Guiness if you are buying ;)

Oh dear.. Ashley will be most disappointed

Stafford
02-05-2012, 01:25 PM
Mine's a pint of Guiness if you are buying ;)

I might do you if you're behaved. :drunk:

uksurfer
02-05-2012, 06:56 PM
Can I join you? :booze:

oh yes, please do! :booze:

Gordon H
03-05-2012, 07:30 AM

And probably eat a small mountain of food..............

the_adam
03-05-2012, 07:59 AM
One good thing about all this rain....the winter salt will have been well rinsed away.

Not just yet. I know a family with a dog, you can tell when the salt is all gone because it stops licking my helmet when I visit :chuckle: Thinking about it, this implies that if i actually bothered to leave it on a shelf instead of the floor they would never grit the roads again... :idea:

Decided I'm going to ignore the bike problems and come down anyway. Unfortunately it runs better with baffles in so it will be quiet. It will also be very dirty becuase I won't have time to clean it from the the week's commuting. Before I come I've also got an indicator to replace and a new speedo bracket to improvise since the old one snapped on the way to work. And it's been so windy I actually watched one of the fork adjusters unscrew itself and blow away on the way home yesterday. So in all, it's not going to look very nice! (I've also managed to partially break a guitar amp and a bass in unrelated incidents this week! :() Is there going to be a separate naughty step for people with non-shiny Monsters? :D

gary tompkins
03-05-2012, 10:44 AM

Shhhh.. don't tell martin but he is the hog roast ;)

The Hampshire lot have been discreetly fattening him up all year

BluprintZ
03-05-2012, 11:01 AM
.......and a new speedo bracket to improvise since the old one snapped on the way to work.

Is this what you need Adam, if so, it's your for the price of postage.
It's off my old 1998 M900, not sure if it's the same as yours.
PM me if you want it.

G ; )

Gordon H
03-05-2012, 12:18 PM

Obviously working - my clutch was never the same since I had him on the back.........

He11cat
03-05-2012, 12:51 PM
Thank heavens GT said Hog roast and not the other kind!!!!

the_adam
03-05-2012, 01:03 PM
You mean there's another kind of roast I haven't discovered? :eyepopping:

Thanks for the offer but that's not the bit, I'd used a couple of brackets from B&Q to somehow attach it to the top of the headlight bracket. Interestingly, it's not the improvised bit that failed on this occasion :) I don't have indicators anymore so have found a suitable bit of metal to bolt on where they used to be. Should be nice and secure, although I can't comment on how nice it'll look yet!

Altaian
03-05-2012, 03:01 PM
You mean there's another kind of roast I haven't discovered? :eyepopping:

Sometimes ignorance is bliss... :eek:

uksurfer
03-05-2012, 04:06 PM

Obviously working - my clutch was never the same since I had him on the back.........

wow, gonna be a great weekend surrounded by comedians

Gordon H
03-05-2012, 04:15 PM
wow, gonna be a great weekend surrounded by comedians

Welcome to my world!!!!

Altaian
03-05-2012, 04:17 PM
Wish all a safe journey to the Mill. Here's hoping the Weather Gods will be kind for the duration.

Looking forward to meeting & seeing the 'Class of 2012', and putting some more faces to names & handles.

I'll be in the Naughty Corner should anyone wish to pop over & say Howzit... :woot:

Thuli
03-05-2012, 04:49 PM
I'll be in the Naughty Corner should anyone wish to pop over & say Howzit... :woot:

That's very South African of you Giles.

neilo
06-05-2012, 11:10 PM
Great to put some faces to names today :) 310 mile round trip for me (with some interesting roads back home), and now I'm knackered! Nighty night :mand:

Rally
07-05-2012, 06:13 AM
Thanks to Duncan, Jo and James for all their hard work on putting on another great weekender. And thanks for sorting the weather as well, I am imprressed with that!

It was good to see some new faces there and chat and catch up with the regular ones too. A very special thanks goes out to all my 'Jeeves's' over the weekend, carrying my drinks, coat, chair etc whilst I was on my crutches. You know who you are, cheers Guys.

buzzbomb
07-05-2012, 12:33 PM
I'd just like to give a big thanks to Jo, Duncan and James for organising the weekender, it was great to meet up with all you guys & gals who attended, and what a suprise it was to be invited Liz and Staffords wedding, blimey how are we going to cap that next year?????

gary tompkins
07-05-2012, 03:26 PM
Top weekend

Thanks to the organiser and those that attended.... even 'Captain Tourettes' Alan C

J.P
07-05-2012, 05:16 PM
Thanks everyone. Nice to see that the weather really brightened up, once we were home....

uksurfer
07-05-2012, 05:29 PM
A big thank you to Duncan, Jo and Grumpster for the weekend, and everyone who turned up!!

Best bit - Gymkana

Worse bit - No prize (Zak won them for the ugliest headlight category)

Normal bit - wet ride home....

Congrats to Liz and Stafford for doing the business with a little help from Stuart and the evidence captured by Gordon :thumbsup:

Strawberries and cream :booze:

MrsC_772
07-05-2012, 05:43 PM
Got home after a decidedly soggy ride (with detour via parents for coffee, cheesy scones, cake & 2 sorts of cookies) and finally managed to get the worst of the crud off my bike, thus revealing in even more glorious detail the knackered state of my chain and sprockets. Andy had the cunning plan to use a super soaker water pistol for bike cleaning, given the hosepipe ban.

Can I add my thanks to Duncan & Jo & Grumpy for organising the weekender, and Stafford & Liz for letting the UKMOC rabble share their special day. (I'd never realised ceilidh dancing was a full contact sport! I still can't believe nobody brained themselves on the pillars.)

I enjoyed the moto gymkhana (after initial nerves) and at least my times weren't ruined by the excessively free range chickens!

alan c
07-05-2012, 06:41 PM
Thanks to Duncan, Jo and James for a great weekender.

Thanks to Liz and Stafford for letting us join there wedding (what a suprise)

Thanks for putting up with me !

Thanks for raining all the way home :thumbsdown:

He11cat
07-05-2012, 07:14 PM
Thanks to Duncan Jo and James for the weekend ..
Big thanks to james from me ... Cheers all I can think of now is the muppets song and really small people driving cars .

Albie
07-05-2012, 08:32 PM
I was at first very unsure about going this year due to the way I have been feeling... But I am definately glad I made the effort. ( Shame some others don't just for the day but hey ho ! ) A 3 hour drive in the car solo this time I arrive to be told a wedding is taking place and sadly for the first time Carolines not with me as she was unwell.
Well what else can I say but it was a hoot and for once I was just an onlooker and I enjoyed it immensely as too helping my good friend Rally when I could. I did miss not having a bike there but it was all about being there.
As always the thanks goes to Duncan Jo and James for their sterling work as always. To all the others who do work behind the scenes like Nonnie, Slob and Staford and Liz.

I hope I raised a few more quids for the club with some parts sales that were lying in my garage. It all goes to a good cause.

But just a big thanks to the guys and gals who turn up and support the club for the weekend or just the odd day.

Big congrats to Zak with the much talked about Nitro M900. Nice bike mate.

singletrack
07-05-2012, 09:01 PM
I am really sorry I missed this weekender, but it looks like it was another good one.
On the plus side I am now a Grandma so I got to spend some time with my new grandson, Freddie x

samieb
08-05-2012, 11:53 AM
Another good weekend at the Weekender. Thanks to Duncan, Jo and all for the organisation etc. Really good to catch up with some old friends and meet new 1's. Let alone the surprise on the events for late Saturday afternoon with a 'secret' Arrow Mill Wedding.

Look forward to catching up with all again soon. :)

scrapps
08-05-2012, 12:05 PM
A massive THANK YOU to Jo,Duncan,James and everyone who helped to put on a fantastic weekender. Its a shame more people did not pop in to visit/take part but i am sure the crap weather forecast did not help.
Also thanks to Liz and Stafford for letting us all be a part of their wedding. Heather and i wish you every happiness in the future.

(zippy had a great time trying his skills at moto gymkana)

Altaian
08-05-2012, 12:58 PM
Thanks to all who contributed & assisted in the organisation of the Weekender. Great to see many familiar faces, and to meet a few more. Hope all had a safe journey home - sorry to read that some had eventful journeys...