PDA

View Full Version : Briilliant Gel seat pad kit

jerry
25-10-2011, 06:39 PM
I bought one of these kits for my monsters and its fantastic , no numb bum at all easy to fit actually looks part of the seat and very well made all for £46+ £4 p&p

amazing and great value see link below

www.motorcyclegelpad.co.uk

gary tompkins
25-10-2011, 09:17 PM
Which one did you get Jerry - any pictures of it fitted to seat?

He11cat
25-10-2011, 10:46 PM
Hopefully better then the medical grade one I brought !!
Was the same price ... Medical grade all the blurb.. Had it fitted inside my seat when it was covered ( before I knew Goldsmiths) it broke down .. I had used the seat once!!
It leaked this nasty sticky stuff all over the place .
I had it ripped out by goldsmiths as had to have the seat recoverd.

Looks like the same firm.
I was livid and it wasn't from fitting or sharp edges it litterally started breaking down into this goo.

My seat base is still sticky with the stuff!
Had no choice but to have the seat taken apart the pad removed and a recover it was shocking.

AndyC_772
26-10-2011, 06:39 AM
I had one of these on my last bike:
http://www.danmedicasouth.co.uk/shop/motorcycle-gel-seat-pad/

Very comfy, no problems with it at all :)

jerry
26-10-2011, 05:17 PM
I got the Riders large Gel seat its nothing like the medical ones by that other danmed company does its much better idea and has been tested by the seller on tound the world trips see link www.overlandtoegypt.co.uk

He11cat
26-10-2011, 05:53 PM
Have you had trouble with one then ., boy was I angry £50 Inc P&P may as well have blown my nose all on my seat !!! It was not good sposed to be medical grade but especially for motorcycle I didn't get a cover as it was going into the foam on the seat .
What a mess!!!!

jerry
26-10-2011, 06:59 PM
Have you had trouble with one then ., boy was I angry £50 Inc P&P may as well have blown my nose all on my seat !!! It was not good sposed to be medical grade but especially for motorcycle I didn't get a cover as it was going into the foam on the seat .
What a mess!!!!

I dont trust the medical gel it cant stand heat and gets messy ask some wheelchair users .....

No the http://www.motorcyclegelpad.co.uk/ is a much superior product Gordon May has sold hundreds of them and he has tested them on overland trips all over the place .

He11cat
27-10-2011, 01:46 AM
Its in the bin!! .....
the other thing was just to make you laugh.
had it fitted into my scooped seat paid alot of money to have the seat done (Prior to who I use now!)
dimmy here didn't think that it would add height to the seat.
I had asked for the seat to be shaved down and then the gel pad to sit pretty much flush with the rest of the foam...
When it came back I slung it on the bike and you guessed it couldn't touch the ground properly :(

Only luck is My bottom is fat and well padded so I can run with a seat like a board and not notice :)

jerry
27-10-2011, 09:15 AM
Hellcat how dare you say your bottom is fat ,,,,its just cuddly.or as my wife says about her cuddly bits they are , wubble and she is wubbly.

Ducmon
27-10-2011, 09:20 AM
Hi Jerry,

hope you are not geting flooded out in Thailand.

David

He11cat
27-10-2011, 01:41 PM
Jerry bless you sadly it's true I cannot tell I lie my arse is fat ., it's fine if I fall off il just bounce!!! That's my cunning plan :)
I can't live of lettuce .. And I like a pint :) as I am such a lady :)

jerry
27-10-2011, 06:18 PM
Ducmon I am in Uk but going to thailand on wednesday for a couple of weeks and then to work somewhere, it dry in pattaya and for 90 miles around so no worries the S4 will be used as soon as i fit the new 996/Ktech forks .

claicerrig
29-10-2011, 10:49 PM
Since my operation to remove my rear exit and NHS tummy tuck and external plumbing add ons last October . The discomfort from having the exit stapled up meant i could hardly ride my bike any distance . The illness has allready cost me the S4 and i was not going to give up riding without a fight

The speed triple had been fitted with gel seat but it was not enough so my local dealer Woods Abergelly had heard of a couple of customers using the Airhawk Seat pad .

Rode over tried one and bought one . A touch expensive compared to some but all i can say its worth it

Rode from Lemans France back to Anglesey in a day with no problems pain or soreness

http://www.airhawk.co.uk/
The trick to using them is not to over inflate it leave it squidgy and you can move around the bike in comfort for cornering etc

Clai