PDA

View Full Version : bosch m6 agm batteries

the_adam
17-10-2011, 09:42 PM
Hi all,

Quick question about this type of battery (got it for the other bike), it says to insert the acid pack according to the instructions which are conveniently missing :) Haven't been able to get anything much from google, as far as I can see all I need to do is press the pack in there and everything is ready for charging - just wanted to be sure first!

Nickj
17-10-2011, 10:28 PM
Fill the cells with the acid to between the upper/lower lines, you should have some acid left over.
Let the battery stand for an hour or so, give it a rocking and a few taps to degass. Top the levels up if required.
If you aren't in any hurry leave it another hour or two and repeat the degassing
Then charge it
Should be good to go

the_adam
17-10-2011, 11:15 PM
As far as I can tell it's not that kind of battery, seems to be basically a maintenance-free one except you get an acid pack that you have to put in yourself. It's got plenty of warnings not to open the acid at least. Might see if I can get some pictures tomorrow. I can always just take it back to halfords and ask anyway, just need to find the time to get over there :)