PDA

View Full Version : Blinged up S4 for sale near me....

Cutter
17-10-2011, 08:17 PM
Just in case anyone's interested, a bike whose path I have crossed a couple of times has turned up again in my local Honda dealer. I first saw it in Red Dog about 3 years ago. It's an S4 that has Ohlins at both ends, a custom sort of pearlescent bluey grey paint job, loads of other bits and pieces, carbon etc. The downer - as far as I'm concerned - is the owner who had the work done had a mark 1 Fazer fairing professionally mounted, (inc frame brackets) by someone like Harris and sprayed to suit. Probably labouring under the delusion that because it had rectangular lights it was a bit like a 916.... Suffice to say it ruins the bike even though it's been done perfectly. It's just too recognisable as Fazer DNA.

The thing is the bike is in lovely condition. It turned up in my local dealers a year or so ago and then got sold. The last owner has just chopped it in back at Firstline for a second hand Fireblade. It's up for just under 3K. Just thought I'd mention it as just converting it back to single headlight naked, or maybe using the mounting points for a more retro fairing would make it a corking S4, and the parts are worth quite a bit especially the Ohlins forks. I'm skint or I would have considered it for a daily ride to be modded slowly to my own taste, or maybe to chop, change trade parts etc. Anyway just flagging it up for the forum.
http://www.1stlinemotorcycles.co.uk/usedmotorcycles.htm

He11cat
17-10-2011, 08:56 PM
I'm sure I've bumped into that bike!
I liked the paint job but the fairing looked a bit yuk but each to their own :)

Stafford
17-10-2011, 09:45 PM
Looks like it has Ohlins bottoms on nitrided ST4S forks but I can't see the top from the pics. I also wonder why they are black, gold is much nicer.

Cutter
18-10-2011, 12:02 AM
I should make it clear that it looks looks in great nick but I haven't checked it out in detail and I'm not recommending it. Just a heads up...

animaluk
18-10-2011, 02:25 PM
Yes but the Fazer fairing looks poo

Cutter
18-10-2011, 02:37 PM
You'll see from further above in the thread that I totally agree with you!!