PDA

View Full Version : Well done to Casey Stoner

J.P
17-10-2011, 09:46 AM
I thought I'd say it as no one else has yet, or maybe ever, but well done to Casey for being very consistent this year on a very consistent bike. I know his competition wasn't quite up to the challenge this year but no less, consistency is key, as Lorenzo proved for 2010.

rac3r
17-10-2011, 09:57 AM
Well done super slider!

Rally
17-10-2011, 11:31 AM
He has got a much better attitude lately as well, which makes it harder to not like the bloke. I use to hate his speeches and accent and due to that, didn't support him, but now he is cheered along with the others! Well done Casey. :thumbsup:

Mr Cake
17-10-2011, 12:13 PM
He's always been a top bloke. He wasn't happy at Ducati and that came through in his interviews and his general attitude. I don't think we've seen the best of him yet. Scary for his rivals.

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/attachment.php?attachmentid=11629&d=1214062312
He pinched my bum just after this pic :D

Well done Casey!

C

J.P
17-10-2011, 12:39 PM
Cool photo, now all you need to do is change all the colours in photoshop and make it Honda orange, and you could say you were there is Australia !

Mr Cake
17-10-2011, 12:43 PM
We were there! It's just a cardboard cut-out we take everywhere with us.

C

alan c
17-10-2011, 12:43 PM
Who's bum did he pinch ??

You are right Jp, Stoner worked hard all season and deserves the win, he just loves that Honda.
Lets hope its a bit more interesting next year.

The BSB last race was awsome, that last lap was not bad either.

Mr Cake
17-10-2011, 12:46 PM
Who's bum did he pinch ??

Mine!!! The kinky gay bastid! :chuckle:

C

He11cat
17-10-2011, 01:00 PM
Crikey either you two are giants or Casey is dinky !! Bless him some of our pupils look older then him.
Least he's found his niche with Honda, I quite like him always think its sweet how his wife looks after him bless..

scrapps
17-10-2011, 01:05 PM
I agree with rally, not that keen on stoner but he is a fantastic rider.
Well done casey on a great season.

Cutter
17-10-2011, 02:52 PM
Mrs Cutter and I have supported Ducati rather than a rider since we started following Moto GP consistently around the time the 4 strokes came in. Obviously we are having a pants season. We supported Stoner when English "fans" (not really MotoGP fans, more like confused foop-ball hoolies) at Donny were boo-ing him just because he's a bit moany and says what he thinks. He's paid his lumps from living in a draughty caravan in UK so he could race at 15. All the crap about him having an advantage on the Ducati has been proven to be second hand oats now. The guy is an incredible talent, and even if we may feel he's a bit over-sensitive in terms of "personal space" on the track, which racer doesn't have some kind of prima-donna thing at one time or another?
We were very happy when Rossi went to Ducati because we thouught, at last we can support the fun guy, the GOAT. Unfortunately it hasn't worked out that way but I am still holding out hope for Ducati and Rossi next year. However, in the meantime I'm more than happy to see someone who rides at the very edge, but with great consistency, take the title he deserves. IMHO of course :) But then we are softies and cheer on Danny, Nicky, Simo etc etc too.

SunEye
17-10-2011, 05:37 PM
Hat's off to Casey for an incredible season. He is an awesome rider. He appears to have the ability to ride his bike closer to the limit than any other current MotoGP rider. I am always stunned by any of the slow motion shots of his riding. If Honda keep him happy he'll probably have a good few seasons riding at the front.

Kerry
17-10-2011, 05:49 PM
I too support ducati more than the rider in any of the classes. Have no problem with who ever wins as long as they are good who can say anything bad. Hope ducati get it sorted for next season.

dam
17-10-2011, 06:04 PM
Anybody who can do this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBeS9mUImd4

Is bloody good in my opinion

Mand
19-10-2011, 06:35 AM
Crikey either you two are giants or Casey is dinky !! Bless him some of our pupils look older then him.
Least he's found his niche with Honda, I quite like him always think its sweet how his wife looks after him bless..

He is teeny tiny, its like visiting lilliput :biggrin:

SunEye
19-10-2011, 04:39 PM
According to MotoGP.com Casey Stoner is 5ft 7. Judging by Mr Cake's photo I think that may be a Tom Cruise style official height which is probably measured when he's wearing his special boots. Apparently he weighs 58kg (9 stone 1lbs).

Compared to Marco Simoncelli's 6ft, 11st 13lbs Casey is small, but compared to Dani Pedrosa (5ft 3, 8 stone) even Casey is a giant.

Mr Cake
19-10-2011, 06:00 PM
I'd give him 5'7" to be honest mate.

Tom Cruise... haha!

C

Stuart42
19-10-2011, 06:05 PM
Saw Tom Cruise on Top Gear the other day and he even sat on the front of the sofa and Cameron sat at the back of the other seat, thus making him look taller.

Is strange why he is so vain about it, as is just laughable the lengths he goes to?

Mr Cake
19-10-2011, 06:08 PM
He protests a bit too much about his undying love for Mrs Cruise too methinks :gay:

C

Mand
19-10-2011, 06:59 PM
I'd give him 5'7" to be honest mate.

Tom Cruise... haha!

C

Yup seems about right because the bird in the photo is 5ft 8in apparently...