PDA

View Full Version : Rally your a real gent

Albie
15-10-2011, 03:56 PM
I have to say that there are some real nice people on this forum but Rally is one of the best. Over the year he came up trumps with a moped i was after which although was for stepson is and will be mine due to lack of effort and interest.
Well he came along with a message last week about a bike he knew I wanted since 15 and unselfishly told me about it and how reasonably cheap it may be. A 1978 S' plate Yamaha XT500 which has been on the bench waiting to be restored. Now he could have snapped it up and kept it or sold it for a profit but NO he called me and let me have it.
I now have sealed the deal and will be picking project Thumper up tomorrow after the brekkie meet.
Lots of bits missing so if anyone sees around any of these bits in the next few months let me know.

Seat pan with or without foam or cover
Mudguards front and rear and side panels
Exhaust
Wheel rims
left hand switchgear and clutch/decompressor

I can still get most stuff new on the bay and already got myself some better front forks than on it.

Thanks Rally your one of the best.:hail::hail::D

J.P
15-10-2011, 05:33 PM
Well done to you Albs, and Rally.
You'll need a bigger garage soon :)

Capo
15-10-2011, 05:37 PM
And he can do wheelies too :D

He11cat
15-10-2011, 05:39 PM
Enjoy .. Wow a busy winter for you!
Yes there are some very nice peeps on here :)
I must be vile as I can't wheelie :( sniff

Albie
15-10-2011, 06:04 PM
I also have to thank Neil, Rallys friend whom I'm buying it off. He know's how much I intend to bring it back to what it should be . Unfortunately he ran out of enthusism and has sat on the workbench. He has let it go to me cheap as it needs a fair bit of money for parts. Its going to be on the back burner for now and I will be looking out for parts and grabbing bit by bit as and when I can afford. I will finish my cafe racer over this winter as thats the priority and needs just the seat unit and some exhausts and a respray in White with Red stripe and I will get the XT tank done at the same time.

I have considered selling the Ducati SS600 and already have someone interested but I'm really not sure right now if I want to.

Wheelies hmm I wish I had the confidance too. Maybe this will give me that. I do intend to go mud plugging and this will not sit in the garage gleaming.

Im lucky also to have 2 garages thanks to my mum just a mile down the road. So space is not an issue its just wanting to have them all here I like.

Rally
15-10-2011, 06:05 PM
Cheers Albie. Life's not all about money mate, it's about pleasure and I hope this gives you plenty. Lets hope that in time it may even look like this one from my past!

http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy142/UKMOC-Rally/photo.jpg

Pomp1
15-10-2011, 07:10 PM
Cheers Albie. Life's not all about money mate, it's about pleasure and I hope this gives you plenty. Lets hope that in time it may even look like this one from my past!

http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy142/UKMOC-Rally/photo.jpg

Or this one (http://www.ogmracing.com/extemporae/galleria1/index.html) from the present..;)

utopia
16-10-2011, 02:22 PM
Thats a couple of cracking projects you have for this winter, Albie.
Single cyl motors are full of character and soul. I wouldn't mind betting that at least one of them ends up being a lifetime keeper.

Some nice pics there too, Pomp. I particularly like the black and white one with the fag in the teeth. Classic.
In my opinion every biker should have an off-road thumper in the shed. They're full of grin factor, and they keep the winter muck off the monster too. ....air cooled, with carbs, of course.