PDA

View Full Version : This might be my dumest idea yet or the best one.

Saint aka ML
15-10-2011, 01:24 PM
So I will have my 900ss ie ecu remapped by cjs racing soon to match new cans and open airbox. I am in no illusion that fuel economy will drop.

However I have a second ECU.

3 questions:

1. If both ECU's were mapped on the same bike with the same TPS setting at the time would I have to reset TPS each time new ECU is plugged in or not?

2. When I have a new map done on dyno for best performance how much extra work is it to do one for best fuel economy?

3. If first two would be a go would it be fine to switch ECU's on the go? I am not asking how as I have an idea for that I am asking if ECU's and engine would be fine to power down one ECU at speed and power on the other? Would it have to be done instantly or with 1s-2s delay. It is easy to do, a loom that jerry rigs both ECU's together except 12V supply and a switch that directs 12V to one or other ECU.

Capo
15-10-2011, 01:28 PM
Get a Nemesis, you can have two maps selected by using the starter button when the engine is running.

Saint aka ML
15-10-2011, 01:53 PM
And the price is not worth it nemesis is about 1k plus setup

Pomp1
15-10-2011, 02:13 PM
Not sure this can be done Lucaz, a surge of power could easily fry the ECU as you're getting the electricity from the battery and from the Reg/Rec. as the engine is running.

Saint aka ML
15-10-2011, 02:30 PM
Was thinking that. Even if only with engine off might be worth it if setting second ecu is not another 4h Dyno run. Any experts here on that? If I get one ecu done for power how much extra Dino session is needed for second map setup for fuel? Another separate run or just tweak on map to lower power and fuel consumption?

Pedro
15-10-2011, 04:50 PM
You may find that economy gets better after a remap, my 1000 now gets about 110 miles to the light coming on when before it came on at 85-90 miles. Power is up too!!

Capo
15-10-2011, 05:35 PM
I think you can get them for 6 to 7 hundred, take off what you will pay for the remap and thats your cost, it has more adjustment parameters than the stock item

Saint aka ML
15-10-2011, 07:29 PM
I think you can get them for 6 to 7 hundred, take off what you will pay for the remap and thats your cost, it has more adjustment parameters than the stock item

Apparently it does not when you use fully unlocked Ducati ecu. Again 700 gbp plus Dino vs two ecu's I have.

I do not want to buy any new ecu all am asking now is the dyno part of the question. Aftermarket solutions are not always the only way to go.

Dukedesmo
15-10-2011, 09:05 PM
Why would the fuel economy drop?

CJS gas-flowed my 916 heads and remapped for a 15hp gain, fuel economy is unaffected even when using the extra power, in fact if I ride it slowly I reckon it'd do better than before.

Never actually tested this theory though...

Saint aka ML
15-10-2011, 09:31 PM
Why would the fuel economy drop?

CJS gas-flowed my 916 heads and remapped for a 15hp gain, fuel economy is unaffected even when using the extra power, in fact if I ride it slowly I reckon it'd do better than before.

Never actually tested this theory though...

On my 749 it dropped by 10 miles. On Ed's with full term system it dropped 30 miles. So I should not except major drop.