PDA

View Full Version : help selling my S2R1000 please.

stevenson100
13-10-2011, 02:42 PM
I would please like some help in pricing my my 08 S2R1000 with 5k on the clock.

I've not advertised it but put it on the for sale thread on this forum for £4,400 which I thought was reasonable given it cost me £4,800 a few months ago and I've only managed to put a few hundred miles on it due to ill health

It had one previous owner, who was a 70 year old bloke, and he had looked after the bike and always had it main dealer serviced. It is red/white stripe, standard and in vgc except for very slight discolouration on the engine cylinders (mainly front).

Am I asking too much?

Maybe just the wrong time of year or advertise elsewhere?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thx. Steve

rac3r
13-10-2011, 04:12 PM
Seems about right to me, try pistonheads and ebay as well

Funkatronic
13-10-2011, 05:22 PM
I have seen S2R 1000's in great nick sell for a lot less that £4k in the last 18 months, but it really does depend on the bike, location and buyer and timing.

also the end of the biking season and the general economic climate are against you

if you have time, piston heads, MCN, ducatisti, Ducati Sporting Club etc are worth a post up, could also put a classified add on ebay, if you auction it you might get a good price, you might not, it depends if you get 2 people who want it that badly

the more pics and info the better

hope this helps

stevenson100
13-10-2011, 05:38 PM
I have seen S2R 1000's in great nick sell for a lot less that £4k in the last 18 months, but it really does depend on the bike, location and buyer and timing.

also the end of the biking season and the general economic climate are against you

if you have time, piston heads, MCN, ducatisti, Ducati Sporting Club etc are worth a post up, could also put a classified add on ebay, if you auction it you might get a good price, you might not, it depends if you get 2 people who want it that badly

the more pics and info the better

hope this helps

Thanks for the advice. I don't like ebay (let down too often) but the other Ducati sites is great advice.

I searched high and low for a low mielage s2r1k for a few mths and thought under £5k for an '08 bike was good. I saw loads of 800's with simlar mileage/age etc but only came across a few 1000's and none were comparable in price. Even searching this week doesn't come up with many. If you come across any comparable 1000's for sale pls post the link.

Thx for your help. Steve

TruffleShuffle
14-10-2011, 09:04 AM
First post here so apologies for just jumping onto the forum without introducing myself, but I'm in the market for an S2R 800/1000 and would be very keen, however I'm planning to make the purchase early next year. So, basically what I'm saying is, as someone mentioned earlier, it's all about the timing.

But yes, put up some pics so we can see that lovely motor! Pistonheads is a great place to get started, and eBay is well worth a punt - try putting up a classified ad with the Best Offer facility and then when you receive offers you can choose to accept them or not. Very easy way to sell to a huge audience, and no chance of getting burnt this way.

stevenson100
14-10-2011, 01:29 PM
Hi, I've added some photos on the for sale thread

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=42642

Funkatronic
14-10-2011, 06:21 PM
one thing you might want to details is how long since the last service where the belts were changed

good luck with the sale, its a great bike bet your dissapointed to be selling

stevenson100
17-10-2011, 01:36 PM
A few days after putting it on ebay as a classified add I have now sold it for very near the asking price.

Thanks for all your help.

Steve

steeevvvooo
17-10-2011, 03:15 PM
well done, I just hope you don't regret it! :eyepopping:

Funkatronic
17-10-2011, 05:13 PM
good work :-)

TruffleShuffle
17-10-2011, 09:45 PM
A few days after putting it on ebay as a classified add I have now sold it for very near the asking price.

Steve There you go :D

popelli
18-10-2011, 05:49 AM

Steve

I was going to suggest ebay

Could not shift a toyota celica advertising it everywhere, stuck it on ebay and got a better price than we had been advertising it for elsewhere

Ridiculous how lazy some people are when looking to buiy something, ebay is not always the cheapest solution