PDA

View Full Version : 800 Engine Mods

rac3r
11-10-2011, 08:01 PM
Soo just looking to pass time at the moment, what mods are available for my 800 engine excluding exhaust/airbox mods? :D

Saint aka ML
11-10-2011, 11:55 PM
Just like all other, better injectinon modules, better ecu, big bore kit with high compression pistons, anything that can be made lighter made lighter, gearing as in sprockets and gearing as in gear ratios, gasflowing/porting heads, crank balancing (works especially well with lighter components, big bore kit, high comp pistons and gasflowing/porting). Cam timing custom setup or even better custom cams to go along with that, lighter but stronger battery, if you can have bike on optimate all the time lighter starter motor, lighter alternator, lighter flywheel (depends how radical and how often bike is used from very light to just smidge lighter)... I think there must be more

slob
12-10-2011, 05:55 AM
If you were seriously considering it you'd sell it and buy a 1000.

PDS
12-10-2011, 06:11 AM
Years ago i bought a honda fireblade that had a blue printed engine the previous owner had spent over 5k on the engine alone, it was a great engine, worth spending 5k on? not in my mind,

i think if i was going to do a engine mod i would go down the turbo route but it's costly, and possible that it would make it useless on the road :)

another aspect peoople over look is handling if money was no object i would get lighter wheels for starters then get myself off to maxton to have the shocker and forks set up for me.
look into uprating the brakes etc etc

all depends how deep you want your pockets to be :)

Saint aka ML
12-10-2011, 06:34 AM
Years ago i bought a honda fireblade that had a blue printed engine the previous owner had spent over 5k on the engine alone, it was a great engine, worth spending 5k on? not in my mind,

i think if i was going to do a engine mod i would go down the turbo route but it's costly, and possible that it would make it useless on the road :)

another aspect peoople over look is handling if money was no object i would get lighter wheels for starters then get myself off to maxton to have the shocker and forks set up for me.
look into uprating the brakes etc etc

all depends how deep you want your pockets to be :)

Forgot about the Turbo.

Best upgrade is to get 1000 and do the list I said at top.

crust
12-10-2011, 08:53 AM
Ear plugs.

Spend the rest with Rapid Training.

gary tompkins
12-10-2011, 12:27 PM
The training must be loud

http://hopesandbodies.homestead.com/files/loudhailer2.jpg

Mark Taylor
12-10-2011, 09:55 PM
Nice one Gary - I just laughed out loud & nearly choked on my beer!