PDA

View Full Version : Newbie in Wiltshire

IanB
04-10-2011, 06:57 PM
Evenin all.

I have just bought a Monster 900 to keep my 900 SuperLight company in the garage.

I met Rally a few weeks ago when he kindly showed me his 900 that's for sale. Nice to meet you Alun & the bike is fantastic but actually its too good for me!

I have the desire for something a little different & it would be just wrong to change your bike after all the effort you put in to get it to standard.

Mine may be known to people on here as it was bike of the month in June 2008

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=28253

Anyway, it's in my garage now! I did a 100 mile trip on Sunday & loved the way it rides & sounds. I have a set of FCR41s on the bench ready to go on too :)

Hope to meet a few of you west country Monsterers on the road some time.

Cheers

Ian

Stuart42
04-10-2011, 06:58 PM
Hi ian

Welcome to the club.

You've met Rally so you have a fair idea what we are like.

Hopefully you can make it to Hilltop on 16th

Cheers
Stuart

Pedro
04-10-2011, 07:03 PM
Hi Ian

Welcome! Not far from you ( and very close to Rally!!), the wife and I have 3 monsters between us - if you see a tricked up M1000 in black that'll be me! Nice ti see waynes bike stay local

Ped

chris yeatman
04-10-2011, 07:10 PM
hi ian
welcome to the club, see u around sometime.

cheers
chris

Albie
04-10-2011, 07:19 PM
Hi and welcome. I frequent Wiltshire now and again thanks to Rally and Jaq's hospitality so hope to see you out sometime soon. Thats a great bike and is the star pic of this months UKMOC 2011 calendar. He must have only had it a year and sold to you. Great looking bike.

Did I mention the new 2012 calendar is now on sale in the for sale section.

Cheers
Albs

Madgadget
04-10-2011, 07:21 PM
Hi Ian,

Welcome to the club, lovely part of the world isn't it ....

Best place to unleash the monster ... heh heh :)

Cheers
Simon

Pedro
04-10-2011, 07:27 PM
Hi Ian,

Welcome to the club, lovely part of the world isn't it ....

Best place to unleash the monster ... heh heh :)

Cheers
Simon

Evening neighbour (ish!)

Might want to pick your brains sometime about tank wrapping!!

Ped

Rally
04-10-2011, 07:58 PM
Evening Wilties, were all on here tonight down the A360! Hi Ian, I'm pleased to see you have yourself a good looking bike, Ex Giler and Coolhands. As Albie says, this months star bike as well on the calendar.

I hope to meet up with you soon, maybe on the 16th for brekkie. We can always have an earlier meet in town and then catch up with Madgadget and Pedro on the way through thier village?

Liz
04-10-2011, 08:39 PM
It would have been good if there had been a change of brekkie meet or an extra meet last Sunday due to the good weather!?

Rally
04-10-2011, 09:03 PM
It would have been good if there had been a change of brekkie meet or an extra meet last Sunday due to the good weather!?

I thought the same Liz. There is also a 'Hogging the Bridge going on on the 16th as well which may have been fun instead of brekkie. Thats why I put "or somewhere else" on the 1st post. No one has suggested a change though apart from Desmo? Simply nice to meet up eh.

IanB
05-10-2011, 07:32 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome all!

The 16th sounds good, where is the Hilltop?

Rally
05-10-2011, 07:54 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome all!

The 16th sounds good, where is the Hilltop?

Ian, The Hilltop is on the main road out of Salisbury towards Stockbridge. I think it's the A30 from memory? It is about 5 miles out of town on top of the hill. (There is a clue in the name!)

Dinkybiker
05-10-2011, 10:08 PM
Hi Ian

New to Ducati's and this site too.
I can't make the 16th, I'm about to go off to Kenya for a Charity cycle ride the end of this month, I'll be cycling not motorbiking on the 16th

IanB
06-10-2011, 08:42 AM
Ian, The Hilltop is on the main road out of Salisbury towards Stockbridge. I think it's the A30 from memory? It is about 5 miles out of town on top of the hill. (There is a clue in the name!)

Hmm.. don't know about that, I'm scared of heights :)

J.P
06-10-2011, 09:14 AM
As a new member why not have a look at one of these :)

http://ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=42290

Gordon H
06-10-2011, 02:35 PM

hindsight is such a wonderful thing........ takes me back to the past - where I live.... puff, puff......

Char
06-10-2011, 02:37 PM
hindsight is such a wonderful thing........ takes me back to the past - where I live.... puff, puff......

Honah Lee or Llangollen?

Gordon H
06-10-2011, 05:10 PM
Honah Lee or Llangollen?

no magic dragons around here.........

Stafford
06-10-2011, 05:30 PM

Did you not see the forecast then Gordon? They actually got it right some days in advance!

That aside, hi Ian and welcome to the forum.