PDA

View Full Version : Which fuse?

Edcase
03-10-2011, 01:26 PM
Hi all.

Did a trip down to Goodwood this weekend, unfortunately halfway there I stop for fuel and when I switched back on my dash lights and indicators have stopped working. Headlight still seems to be fine though?! :scratch:

Is this more likely to be a fuse than a loose connection? If so does anyone have an idea which one would be the culprit based upon the items affected?

Cheers,

Ed

Nickj
03-10-2011, 09:17 PM
Errrr if it's a fuse gone it'll be the blown one Ed.
I think they're the the plug in type so you can see if they're OK

Cutter
03-10-2011, 10:12 PM
Yep - Sorry I 'm teaching granny to suck eggs but :

Under the saddle there's a fuse box. There's not many fuses in it so it's a two minute job to pull them out and see if they are blown. There are two blades on each fuse that plug into the fuse socket - when you look at the fuse if the metal that joins these two blades together has a gap in it, it's blown. Bear in mind that if it's blown something has caused that, so just replacing the fuse may not sort your problem permanently - you need the actual cause.

If it's not a fuse then check the wiring connectors near the headstock in case they have come undone or are corroded. You will need a wiring diagram from back of Haynes manual to identify the wiring colours for indicators, Other possibility is the relay that controls the flashing of the indicators - that's a plastic cube near the fuse box that makes a clicking sound when the indicators flash.

Edcase
04-10-2011, 11:19 AM
Cutter - no that's great, thanks. There are lots of things I'm very good at, but electrics, and bike electrics particularly, are not my strong suit!!!

thanks again
Ed