PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Merseyside...

Dave T
25-09-2011, 11:00 AM
Morning all!
Just had my account activated, so I thought I'd pop in and introduce myself!

I'm Dave, and I've been riding for a fair few years now, started with a Yam Thundercat back in 1997, moved to a Triumph Speed Triple, and from there to a BMW 1200GS. I had no plans to change the GS until some 'numptie' in a white van decided to reverse over it. One written off beemer and one insurance payout later, and I'm hitting autotrader with a vengeance.

Test rode Gixxers, new (1050) speed triple, Guzzi Le Mans, Aprillia Tuono, but nothing was 'just' right... Ended up chatting to a guy and his wife outside the dealers where I'd just ridden the Tuono, and they were on a Monster S4RS. That was it... I was smitten...

So to cut a long story very short, I tried to find a good one...easier said than done, but eventually I got one... 58 plate Tricolore S4RS. Just need some more good weather to get out and enjoy it...

Hope to meet some of you guys soon!
Dave T.

Small Clanger
25-09-2011, 11:32 AM
Hello from another Dave T/ex GS12 rider.
I can't see me doing as many miles on the new Evo as I did on the GS's but I'm certainly enjoying the ones I've done so far. Have fun.

Funkatronic
25-09-2011, 01:22 PM
Helo and welcome
thats an amazing machine, still hesitant about the extra plumbling but cant help being a little green :-)

seen the weather for next week ? 26 degrees!! your wish might come true

enjoy it

Minxy
25-09-2011, 02:36 PM
Hi Dave

I know exactly what you mean about 'being smitten'
Never really thought about a Ducati, walked passed their stand at Silverstone and that was it ... Love at first sight !!
Hope you enjoy your new wheels too

Lis :)

Capo
25-09-2011, 02:46 PM
Welcome aboard.
Geoff (Buzzbomb) is in your area and also has a MINT Tricolore S4RS

Starter Sprag
25-09-2011, 08:19 PM
Hi Dave, I'm only 'over the water' from you,

If the weather holds good til next weekend, maybe we could go for a blast somewhere ?

Dave T
25-09-2011, 11:03 PM
Hi Dave, I'm only 'over the water' from you,

If the weather holds good til next weekend, maybe we could go for a blast somewhere ?

Yeah, can't do this weekend as I have plans already, but would deffo like to meet for a rideout sometime... I'm usually more of a 'bimbler' than a 'blaster' though... Whereabouts 'over the water' are you? Only ask as I work 'over the water' from me...
Dave.

Mr Cake
25-09-2011, 11:06 PM
Alright laaa!

C

buzzbomb
26-09-2011, 05:55 AM
Alright laaa!

C

Hi and welcome Dave...

Ignore Mr Cake (another Dave) hes a bloody woolly-back...;);)

Blimey two tricolore's within a couple of miles...

Rally
26-09-2011, 06:20 AM
Blimey two tricolore's within a couple of miles...
Getting a bit common now by the looks of it Geoff!

singletrack
26-09-2011, 06:34 AM
Welcome.

How on earth did you manage to get a Tricolore?

we need pictures!

J.P
26-09-2011, 07:04 AM
Welcome Dave, glad you found a nice Tricolore and the last of the water-cooled Monster's, the Testastretta, is a fantastic engine, don't worry about all the plumbing on it. :)

Starter Sprag
26-09-2011, 07:24 AM
No worries mate, BTW a bimble is ok too

I'm in sunny New Brighton

buzzbomb
26-09-2011, 08:32 AM
Getting a bit common now by the looks of it Geoff!

Yes Alun...:rolleyes:

But only up north...:banghead:

Dave T
26-09-2011, 04:42 PM
Hello from another Dave T/ex GS12 rider.
I can't see me doing as many miles on the new Evo as I did on the GS's but I'm certainly enjoying the ones I've done so far. Have fun.

Yeah, me too... I'd done about 30k miles (8k a year) on the GS when it got squished... don't think the Monster will see too much winter commuting as i'm determined to keep it shiny! The GS was very much a 'tool' to get to work and back, and very good at it too, but it was hard to keep it looking good with living outside and winter riding...

smudgerii
27-09-2011, 07:14 PM
Not far from you in Newton.

Never take my Monster out in the rain never mind the winter...... some people laugh, but I value it too much.

A few of us from Liverpool ride out if/when we get good weather if you are ever up for a trip, bimble is ok with us.... most of the time :D

Dave T
28-09-2011, 08:49 AM
Not far from you in Newton.

Never take my Monster out in the rain never mind the winter...... some people laugh, but I value it too much.

A few of us from Liverpool ride out if/when we get good weather if you are ever up for a trip, bimble is ok with us.... most of the time :D

Yeah, I'm kind of a bit precious about mine - would love to join you if the weather's nice and you're heading out though! Just let me know!!!

neilo
28-09-2011, 09:27 AM
Yeah, I'm kind of a bit precious about mine - would love to join you if the weather's nice and you're heading out though! Just let me know!!!

Let me know when you guys head out for a ride...I'd also like to join if outsiders are welcome :-)

Dave T
28-09-2011, 12:01 PM
Let me know when you guys head out for a ride...I'd also like to join if outsiders are welcome :-)

Cool, be nice to meet some more folks!
:woot:

neilo
28-09-2011, 04:04 PM
I used to live in West Derby (Liverpool), so a number of my biking mates are from that neck of the woods.

smudgerii
28-09-2011, 06:13 PM
If all goes to plan we are going for run out sunday
Was thinking of the lakes but may change to north wales
Probably have a couple of new riders, and only the one Ducati

Some people have no taste