PDA

View Full Version : Problem with new levers

SunEye
11-09-2011, 05:32 PM
I have got some new levers for my M1100. However they require me to remove the master cylinger plunger from the original levers and put it in the new levers (I've found instructions on how to do that). However that leaves me with a pair of original levers with no plungers. Would I be right in thinking that if I want to sell my original levers I would be better to do so complete with plungers? If so where can I buy new plungers for my new levers? The Ducati ones fit, but do they come as a separate part or would I have to buy complete levers? Are there aftermarket plungers I can buy?

And I thought putting on new levers would be a simple 5 minute job :rolleyes:

I'm not sure that plunger is the correct technical term for the part. I've circled it in this picture (not of my original lever, but similar) to show you the bit I mean.
https://byfiles.storage.live.com/y1p0brbA9QxqzeG-A-qANysdahqyn3Ksqhml3OZoe7Rao95QQHcFCjii-CNrpF5BNoJQ7R-PIUAkdY/Ducati%20lever.jpg?psid=1

Albie
11-09-2011, 07:01 PM
I would keep for selling stock later or other reasons. Push out the bronze insert an then it comes out. The reassmble again without and stow away.

SunEye
11-09-2011, 07:38 PM
I have no intention of selling the bike for at least 10 years and unfortunately I don't have (and won't have for the forseeable future) the space to keep all the stock parts I take off it. I know that the levers are small, but as I am trying to get rid of all the unnecessary crap that I have (I can barely move in my flat and a friend's garage is rammed full of my stuff - comes from downsizing from a 3 bed semi to a 1 bed flat) I really don't want to add to it.

So my intention was to sell the original levers, but I think they ought to be complete with plunger if I want to sell them or would they sell ok without plunger?

rac3r
11-09-2011, 08:10 PM
Just put them up for sale and mention about the plunger along with the part number for the plunger. You can find the PN on the Ducati Omaha site

Albie
11-09-2011, 08:19 PM
I have no intention of selling the bike for at least 10 years and unfortunately I don't have (and won't have for the forseeable future) the space to keep all the stock parts I take off it. I know that the levers are small, but as I am trying to get rid of all the unnecessary crap that I have (I can barely move in my flat and a friend's garage is rammed full of my stuff - comes from downsizing from a 3 bed semi to a 1 bed flat) I really don't want to add to it.

So my intention was to sell the original levers, but I think they ought to be complete with plunger if I want to sell them or would they sell ok without plunger?

Sell them then. I'm doing similar but tbh if you sell peeps hve the plunger anyway . Sell s spares for those who have an off or want to powdercoat black. Only worth £10 each . Cheap as chips on ebay. 916 are £20 a pair new.

chris.p
11-09-2011, 08:58 PM
There is no problem selling them without the plungers.
I sold with out them, if you buy the original levers from ducati they come without them, so do not be worried about selling them without the plungers.

Chris.

gary tompkins
11-09-2011, 09:06 PM
May be useful to somone who's broken a stock lever

SunEye
11-09-2011, 11:27 PM
There is no problem selling them without the plungers.
That's good to know. Now where's my hammer, I've got some levers to take apart :biggrin: