PDA

View Full Version : bar end weights for S4R tapered Magura bars

Phatty
31-08-2011, 09:08 PM
I bought the bar used and bought the yoke and risers brand new. I've never been able to refit the original S4 bar end weights because they're a different size.

Bought some cheapo ones and they were the wrong size an all.

Finally bought some R&G ones and they don't come with anything to go in the bar end?! What am I missing? Is there meant to be a pressed in insert? Or an expanding bit that the bolt spreads?

Funkatronic
31-08-2011, 09:56 PM
these are a real pain, i have been through this with R&G so many times i gave up and bought some rizoma ones in the end

the bar ends they advertise are for the S4R 998, the magura bars for the 996 s4r (and s2r800/1000) are different

unfortuanltly the bar ends they supply for the s2r 800/100 are the wrong size too

i did manage to get them to send the correct parts once before, i think they are the same as for the 748 but not sure to be honest

if you are set on R&G, mesaure the internal diameter of the magura bar (i think its 14 mm but could be wrong) call them back

I know for a fact it is NOT BE0020BK, which they advertise as for Monsters up to 2006. as i have one in a packet here in front of me, nor is it the solid block of metal with a hole that they advertise for the s4r (have one here too!!)

to be fair, get the right ones and they are great quality but damn what a palava

buzzbomb
01-09-2011, 02:41 AM
Paul I'll have a look in my bits box as I'm sure that theres a pair from my S4Rs...:thumbsup:

Phatty
01-09-2011, 11:59 AM
They fit over the bar ok, it's the lack of any fitting inside the bar that's puzzling me. i was expecting the bar end to come with that fitting, but wasn't sure if there should be a Ducati part already in the bar with a thread to take the fitting.

buzzbomb, if you have some that would be awesome. Failing that, I'll just have an alloy insert made and press it into the bar end.

The one's I've got are marked as fitting an RSV (Aprilia i'm presuming?), they are the solid block of metal with a hole, plus the nylon end cap.

Capo
01-09-2011, 12:44 PM
I have a set complete with the fittings

Phatty
01-09-2011, 02:16 PM
For sale? any pics?

buzzbomb
02-09-2011, 06:30 AM
Paul I looked in the box and found a pair of ducati bar ends with the correct screws but no expanding inner collets, your welcome to the bits I've got if they're any use to you.

Phatty
06-09-2011, 03:22 PM
cheers buzz for the superb offer, but it still doesn't help me out as I still have nothing to bolt them to!

ladybird
06-09-2011, 03:38 PM
I've got a set of non-fitting r&g bar ends as well, they are too big to fit in the hole ...