PDA

View Full Version : 696 tyres

d8mok
30-08-2011, 11:28 AM
Im gonna need to buy a pair of tyres at some point soon. Whats a good pair of tyres for sub £200 fitted ?

I do a mixture of fast road, and relaxed riding with pillion.. The front bt016 that ive got fitted now, is bald on right hand side but loads left on rest. Heard good things about power pures or diablo's.

Ive only ever bought full on sport tyres like supercorsa's etc so very little knowledge on these.

chris.p
30-08-2011, 12:46 PM
I would stick with the bridgestone, superb sports tyre for the size of bike

Chris.

steve696
31-08-2011, 09:15 PM
The day before my 1st trackday at Castle Combe, I got a nail in my OE rear. Micheldever tyres recommended Michelin Pilots (I think they are the tri-compound ones) as one of the few available in my size they had in stock that night. Got them fitted and they give so much more feedback than the OE Bridgestones. I've now done 3000 miles, 3 trackdays (inc Mallory Park) and once warmed up have proved to be excellent. So much so, I suspect what's left of my brake pedal may cause an "advisory" on my 696's 1st MOT next month!

rollo22
31-08-2011, 09:28 PM
Maxxis supersport max £155 a pair on fleabay then all thats needed is the fitting charge
I personally like them but there not one of the big makes in motorcycle tyres as bridgestone were in the mid/late 80s.