PDA

View Full Version : Integrated LED tail light problem...

Cutter
29-08-2011, 04:43 PM
Can any 'leccy experts help? I have an LED tailight with integrated indies that arrived without any wiring diagram, and the colours don;t match the M900 loom. I've managed to get it working but am doing something wrong re. brake light switching.

Earth in the unit appears to be black as on the bike' loom so I have connected that. Blue on the unit goes to black/white on loom for one indicator and yellow on the unit goes to white/green on the loom for the other indicator - they both work fine.

When white on the unit is connected to yellow on the loom the taillight and number plate light work.

This leaves red on the unit and red/grey on the loom for brake light switching. However connecting these illuminates brake light constantly and switches have no effect.

I have tried reversing tail light and brake light connections and that didn't help. Anyone know where I am going wrong? There doesn't seem to be any further options.....:dizzy:

rollo22
29-08-2011, 05:33 PM
Could be a resistor missing in the running light circuit so it is dimmer than the brake light
Thats my only idea at the moment.

uksurfer
29-08-2011, 05:35 PM
not sure what light you got, but mine was::

Wiring for the new light as i been out in the garage:
> Black - Earth
> Yellow - Rear Light
> Red - Brake
> White - No. plate light
> Orange - LHS indie
> Blue - RHS indie

not sure if any help

Cutter
29-08-2011, 06:31 PM
Thanks guys I've sorted it - bizarrely enough the brake light switching doesn't work without the horn being plugged up as it's on the same circuit. I know it sounds crazy but I spotted shared purple wire in Haynes, out the horn in circuit and now works fine (and no it doesn't toot the horn when the brake light comes on) :spin::thumbsup:

Albie
29-08-2011, 07:01 PM
Thanks guys I've sorted it - bizarrely enough the brake light switching doesn't work without the horn being plugged up as it's on the same circuit. I know it sounds crazy but I spotted shared purple wire in Haynes, out the horn in circuit and now works fine (and no it doesn't toot the horn when the brake light comes on) :spin::thumbsup:

It may be a good idea to hnk whilst braking. Make them all aware.

Cutter
29-08-2011, 07:24 PM
Sadly all too true...

gary tompkins
29-08-2011, 11:12 PM
If they can't hear your cans then honking the horn won't make much difference

Cutter
29-08-2011, 11:31 PM
Bin there bought the t-shirt few years ago - Bandit 1200 with race pipe, headlight on and horn honking, going a bit quick mind, but braking in a controlled fashion as car pulls out, hesitates then pulls out some more. Write-off.