PDA

View Full Version : I'm impressed

Capo
19-08-2011, 07:31 AM
One of the prizes I received at the MOB meet last year was a 'cleaning kit' it was described by Steph as a new revolutionary system, however the descriptions were in French (not surprising as its made in France) so it has set on my shelf until now.
I've been so busy lately that I have had no time to clean or ride the bike, it has sat in the shed since the track day. With the Fenman show due the end of the month I decided on a quick clean with a complete detail prior to Belgium.

Soo I thought I'd give this kit a try, found an English translation and started in.
I am TOTALLY AMAZED, 99% of dead splattered insects came off with one wipe, a following buff brought up a shine as good as that I get using wax. It works on everything paint, plastic and anodised, it produces an excellent finish on carbon parts. Chain lube fling on the rear wheel disappears with one wipe.

Its waterless, my previous method involved gunk, shampoo an three types of polish and of course a not inconsiderable amount of time.

I can now clean the bike to my standards in 20 minutes.

Could not recommend this more highly, I am suspicious of so called new technology especially with regard to cleaning products where marketing is 90% of the product (the Cilit bang I bought didn't work like it was shown on the telly).

But this stuff does what it says on the tin, I'll be using it from now on.

http://uk.vulcavite.com/en/vulcanet

Rally
19-08-2011, 08:20 AM
Available from George White Motorcycles throughout the South. :thumbsup:

J.P
19-08-2011, 08:28 AM
Once I get through my 5 litres of Muff-Off I'll give it a try !

gary tompkins
19-08-2011, 12:47 PM
I stopped using muck off after it permanently stained the alloy and carbon on my bike :thumbsdown:

Gordon H
19-08-2011, 02:34 PM
I stopped using muck off after it permanently stained the alloy and carbon on my bike :thumbsdown:

It leaves white streaks on black plastic too - my tea tray has never been the same since.......

He11cat
20-08-2011, 12:31 AM
Yup Muck off ruined my black side panels and black engine I was really hacked off.
I also tried 'Hippo" a kinder version of Muc off and it did the same, I now squirt it down my drain!

Always wondered if these non water product worked so thats good to know.

alan c
20-08-2011, 08:50 AM
Thanks for the heads up Capo, i will be off to George Whites !

Funkatronic
20-08-2011, 10:44 AM
i found the sdoc s100 total bike cleaner gel to be much better than muc off as long as you dont let it dry

thanks for your review capo, as probably one of the most fastidious moster owners i have seen i have gone out and bought some vulcanet on the strength of your review. It aint cheap at £40 FOR 80 wipes but they reckon 2-3 wipes is enough to clean a whole bike and if it saves the hours normally speant cleaning my grubby bikes then its money well speant as i will have more time to ride

will let you know how i get on

cheers

ali

d8mok
02-09-2011, 01:30 PM
Many products like muc off etc, are harmful to plastics and metal parts. Id never use it on a nice bike. Whats wrong with a bucket and sponge?

Char
03-02-2012, 10:40 AM
Just to mention Infinity are selling this at £19.99 a tin now & yes its very good!

http://www.infinitymotorcycles.com/product/vulcanet-water-free-cleaning/1904

Scott1
03-02-2012, 11:00 AM
Thanks for this, I'm definitley getting some, 80 cloths, 2-3 cloths per clean, lets just do some maths.... it should last me about a hundred years.

Jan (Belgium)
03-02-2012, 11:10 AM
I've been using this product for almost a year now, no colour changes or any other damage to whatever material.

Normally I use 3 or 4 wipes to clean the bike (1 or 2 for the wheels, 1 for the swingarm and greasy bits and the last one for the rest of the bike).

Best regards,
Jan,

BigOz
03-02-2012, 11:51 AM
They had lots on their stand at the London show at that price if your going.

Just to mention Infinity are selling this at £19.99 a tin now & yes its very good!

http://www.infinitymotorcycles.com/product/vulcanet-water-free-cleaning/1904

uksurfer
03-02-2012, 01:29 PM
They had lots on their stand at the London show at that price if your going.

i think they have realised the £40 a tub is quite expensive, i think there great and would use them if i had some.....

Char
03-02-2012, 02:25 PM
i think they have realised the £40 a tub is quite expensive, i think there great and would use them if i had some.....

Ummm...... you do :rolleyes:

uksurfer
03-02-2012, 02:37 PM
Ummm...... you do :rolleyes:

yes, but havent got a dirty bike!

Scott1
03-02-2012, 02:41 PM
Purchased, I'll give some feedback when I clean my bike, which will be in about June next year.

Char
03-02-2012, 02:58 PM
yes, but havent got a dirty bike!

That R1's looking like it could do with some tlc.........:running:

bex
03-02-2012, 03:10 PM
Bought some for twenty squid a couple of weeks ago so used them once so far. Was really impressed also :thumbsup:

uksurfer
03-02-2012, 04:29 PM

the r1 is for riding?

fireman sam
04-02-2012, 11:44 AM
Buzzbomb will be buying it all then ha ha

neilo
11-02-2012, 06:40 PM
Never used this before so decided to buy some to give it a try when my bike next needs a clean.

Got a tub from Infinity yesterday, but when I opened the box it came in some of the packaging seemed to be wet. It appears a bit of the foil seal had come away from the platic tub. So I'm wondering whether a lot of the magic liquid had leaked out already...

Does anybody know...if you were to take all the wipes out of the tub...how much liquid is left in it at the bottom. Mine seems to have about 1"...is your's the same?

uksurfer
12-02-2012, 03:26 PM
got the 'superwipes' out today -

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d125/Uksurfer/Yamaha%20YZF%20R1/IMG_0293-1.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d125/Uksurfer/Yamaha%20YZF%20R1/IMG_0294-1-1.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d125/Uksurfer/Monster%20796/IMG_0296.jpg

(check out the bins....)

uksurfer
12-02-2012, 03:31 PM

job done!!

Char
12-02-2012, 03:53 PM
job done!!

you have the biggest garage, it even has its own tractor

nice stand btw

He11cat
12-02-2012, 04:33 PM
What's the yellow and red bins for ?? Rhubarb and custard???

uksurfer
12-02-2012, 05:00 PM
What's the yellow and red bins for ?? Rhubarb and custard???

no, we put the yellow bikes in the yellow bin..... :mand:

He11cat
12-02-2012, 05:04 PM
That makes total sense now!!!!
One yellow bin and 3 red bins to put all the red bikes in as there are more red then yellow :) ... Um hang on .... Er anyone seen a little yellow bike ??? Mines um gone sniff :(

uksurfer
12-02-2012, 05:07 PM
That makes total sense now!!!!
One yellow bin and 3 red bins to put all the red bikes in as there are more red then yellow :) ... Um hang on .... Er anyone seen a little yellow bike ??? Mines um gone sniff :(

normally red 900's if possible :running:

i cant tell you where we put the glitter bikes :nash:

neilo
12-02-2012, 07:15 PM
Does anybody know...if you were to take all the wipes out of the tub...how much liquid is left in it at the bottom. Mine seems to have about 1"...is your's the same?

So can't anybody answer my question?

bex
12-02-2012, 07:25 PM
Neil.... mine arrived by post, they were wrapped up in several layers of bubble wrap etc, but there was still a small stain even on the outer cardboard box and when I unravelled it all the tub was pretty greasy.

I've just lifted them all out to check for you and mines got less than an inch in the bottom, probably not even half an inch, the wipes themselves are pretty drenched though.

I've used them a couple of times and it took the advised amount of wipes to clean the back that they suggest, so presumably they're saturated enough.

Hope that helps.

neilo
12-02-2012, 08:58 PM
Thanks Bex - I appreciate the response. That's really helpful. :-)

Mohawk
13-02-2012, 10:29 PM
mine arrived today, still all nicely sealed up. Will let you know how I get on when I clean the bike next.

MrsC_772
05-04-2012, 07:09 PM
Just tried the Vulcanet wipes for the first time, to try to render the Monster presentable for the Horsham Piazza Italia after a week's commuting including rain.

I dread to think what unholy mixture of solvents they're soaked in (strong smell of nail varnish remover, and my hands now feel very dry) but they seem to do the trick. Very glad I left the bike to cool down after riding home, as I suspect they're hideously flammable!

I probably ended up using about 5 instead of the suggested 2-3, mainly because of the amount of grit I could feel, which I didn't want to wipe across other bits of the bike. They even made a reasonable job of the backs of my exhaust pipes (a magnet for baked on chain fling and road crud).

I dare say a thorough SDoc & water cleaning session (requiring the baking of large quantities of cookies) would have been just as effective or more so, but for a fairly quick fix for the terminally lazy bike cleaner like me, well worthwhile.

Mohawk
05-04-2012, 11:29 PM
Yes MrsC I thought the same, very strong smell just like nail varnish remover. I decided not to use it on any of the plastics but great for the wheels and engine