PDA

View Full Version : Was that really necessary?

bex
12-08-2011, 08:28 AM
Y'ouch. Just been sat at a juntion between Camden and Regents Park on way to work where a biker had just come off. I was watching the police attempt to move the bike out of the road while the biker was presumably in the ambulance.

Firstly they picked it up (I'm almost sure it was on its left side), then one officer jumped on and appeared to be trying to have relations with the bike while two others tried to push/pull it out of the way. They then dropped it, on its right side, promptly gave up, and just decided to drag it on its chromed exhaust a several metres to the kerb. And then they dropped it there as well.

Bike looked fine on the face of it, at least until the coppers got near it.

Nice work lads. :thumbsup:

NattyBoy
12-08-2011, 08:38 AM
A bike copper wouldnt have done that...:grump:

bex
12-08-2011, 08:54 AM
Agreed, from my experience they all have at least one bike at home too and understand the pain!

J.P
12-08-2011, 08:56 AM
If the biker was in the ambulance, I guess he might also have been pretty beaten up...:(

bex
12-08-2011, 09:00 AM
Yeh that's true, hope not, isn't a great junction, if there's such a thing. Had a few close calls there too. Looked like someone cut him up though by making right turn across his path, at a guess anyway.

Rally
12-08-2011, 02:58 PM
He's hopefully more lucky than the 37 year old who lost his life yesterday, a few miles from us. We are still awaiting a name, but on the basis we don't know who it is as yet, hopefully no one we know? Not good though.

A car pulled out in front of him.................. again! It was a red Yamaha.