PDA

View Full Version : DP air filter

the_adam
09-08-2011, 09:56 PM
Hi all,

Been away at random things for a while now but should be back next week! I'm wondering if anyone has a spare DP air filter lying around? Used or not, as long as it's got some use left in it. The bike seems to have been running progressively worse since I replaced it with a pipercross filter last time the service was due, want to rule that out before I have to spend much money at a garage!

rac3r
09-08-2011, 10:46 PM
Wouldn't pipe cross be the same as DP? You should try a standard one of which I have 2 nearly new ones :D free if you want just cover postage

the_adam
09-08-2011, 11:14 PM
I was thinking of the performance one because it's what was there when I bought the bike and I don't like the strange loss of engine braking since I first fitted it (don't really see how it could have done that though, the other complaints are more recent and probably not related). I know it's a long shot but just hoping for a cheap fix really, I've got a couple of more serious problems that need attention first! :) Think I may have a standard one lying around already but I'll let you know if I can't find it...

rac3r
09-08-2011, 11:17 PM
I thought all the aftermarket ones were all the same :dizzy:

the_adam
10-08-2011, 12:08 AM
Could well be a strange coincidence, just thinking if I can get hold of one I can find out for sure! :)

uksurfer
10-08-2011, 05:27 AM
i might have one lying around, i'll have a look and get back to you Adam

mrbryanmarshall
10-08-2011, 04:17 PM
i have one, the whole airbox from an S2R with DP filter if you can part with about £35... I replaced the whole this with TPO beasts...

the_adam
12-08-2011, 12:00 AM
Thanks for the replies :) Looking for just the filter really, I've got one extra airbox lying around already and I'm renting a very small room at the moment! The TPO (or possibly waspworks) upgrade would have been on the list if they paid me more, what are your thoughts on it?