PDA

View Full Version : Ducati 900 left standing/stolen

pegboy
02-08-2011, 07:25 AM
I walk pass a Ducati parked up everyday for the past three weeks and it has not moved. Without giving the location away its not parked in a place you would want to leave the bike.

What would you do? Report it to the police?

boris
02-08-2011, 08:10 AM
Don't know if this might help but it could give you some pointers?

http://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/application?origin=vehicleEnquiryInfo_en.jsp&event=bea.portal.framework.internal.portlet.event&pageid=Vehicle+Enquiry&portletid=VehicleEnquiry&portletns=VehicleEnquiry_en&wfevent=link.next

If it comes up negative I'd be tempted to give CrimeStoppers a call: 0800 555 111

mintyhit
02-08-2011, 08:49 AM
Push it home with you and leave a note... see if anyone claims it... although this technically is stealing you could perhaps conceder it a rescue operation. :)

gary tompkins
02-08-2011, 10:44 AM
Possibly waiting for spare parts :rolleyes:

pegboy
02-08-2011, 11:13 AM
Push it home with you and leave a note... see if anyone claims it... although this technically is stealing you could perhaps conceder it a rescue operation. :)

It did cross my mind for a track bike but then I would not be able to sleep at night

mintyhit
02-08-2011, 11:17 AM
It did cross my mind for a track bike but then I would not be able to sleep at night

Push it to my house then :)

He11cat
02-08-2011, 11:44 AM
Don't move it .. Prob ligit.
If you move it you could get done for theft.
Think about it do you honestly think the police would believe your story!?

I'd either leave a note on it or report it.
Check on that site first for it's status.

pegboy
02-08-2011, 12:01 PM
Don't know if this might help but it could give you some pointers?

http://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/application?origin=vehicleEnquiryInfo_en.jsp&event=bea.portal.framework.internal.portlet.event&pageid=Vehicle+Enquiry&portletid=VehicleEnquiry&portletns=VehicleEnquiry_en&wfevent=link.next

If it comes up negative I'd be tempted to give CrimeStoppers a call: 0800 555 111

Link not working??

utopia
02-08-2011, 01:11 PM
I'd be wary of leaving a note on it as someone else might see it and decide that its ripe for nicking.

Stuart42
02-08-2011, 01:14 PM
Hi

report it to Police, as someone somewhere might be missing their Monster.

Am sure you'd appreciate it if yours disappeared and Police won't mind you reporting it even if its not nicked.

Cheers
Stuart

mintyhit
02-08-2011, 01:29 PM
Yes in seriousness I completely agree – report it.

My friend had his car was stolen recently in Archway – we thought it was gone for good when a month later he got a call from Haringey council saying it was about to be towed for unpaid parking tickets.

Apparently it had been stolen, driven a few miles and parked up and locked – the parking inspectors ignored it for a whole 3 weeks as it had a valid Islington parking permit… despite the fact it was in Haringey?!

Anyway, car was recovered with no damage other than the fact they stole a tent, a camping stove and a sleeping bags (we had just come back from Glastonbury)… I guess that says a little about the thieves? :)

boris
02-08-2011, 02:04 PM
Second attempt, follow the link for Vehicle Enquiry-

http://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/

He11cat
02-08-2011, 03:37 PM
True about note .. Sorry .. Report it .