PDA

View Full Version : Sidestand Cut Out Switch 696

Scott1
01-08-2011, 01:43 PM
I hope I'm right in thinking, that I shouldn't be able to put the bike in gear and pull away with the stand down? Mine let's me do this so if its a fault, any ideas where I should look first?

Thanks
Scott

Lucati
01-08-2011, 02:04 PM
I had the same problem on my 696. I used a stiff brush and some WD40 in the hinge area where the sensor is and it helped for a while but in the end Ducati Croydon replaced the sensor on it.
The weird thing is you would expect that if it became faulty it would just stop the bike even with the stand up - pretty dangerous this way around!

Scott1
02-08-2011, 11:53 AM
Thanks for this, its definitely shot, I'll hunt around on fleabay to see if I can find one, I think they cost a bomb new.

popelli
03-08-2011, 06:01 PM
would it not be easier to learn to flick the stand up when you up hop on a bike and disconnect the switch

in some countries its an automatic fail on a bike licence test if you don't flick the stand up before you hop on the bike

you keep hearing horror stories of people relying on said switches that are known to fail and getting caught out riding with the stand down

rac3r
03-08-2011, 10:48 PM
I don't think it's to do with relying on the switch more a 'just in case warning type thing