PDA

View Full Version : Mudguard fitting clip polava

Johnnyrob
30-07-2011, 12:57 PM
After a lot of near swearing & WD4O i've managed to change out one of the plastic side panels with a replacement S4 carbon item (Mmmmm).

Whilst the other side panel mounts were soaking I thought I'd have a go at fitting the 916 front guard I've bought (sadly not carbon).

I've sprayed the o shaped mount bolts with WD40 but they just seem to keep turning, even when I (think) I've clamped the nut. Do these things come undone or do I need to snap (carefully) the plastic mounts around the fork legs and buy new ones? If so, does anyone know how much 4x are (or have some for sale?)

Is it me or are these Ducati retaining bolt things a pain in the 4rse normally?

TIA
JR

slob
30-07-2011, 02:13 PM
The brass inserts will be turning in the plastic clips. It's not that uncommon. I've had to wreck a few in the past to get them off. They were only a couple of quid each last time I replaced some.

gary tompkins
30-07-2011, 03:15 PM
Ditto

The screws sieze in the nuts - I've had to replace two of mine

Johnnyrob
30-07-2011, 03:42 PM
Thanks guys; looks like I'll be wrecking them then. Best I buy some replacements first before I take them...

Fitted both side panels now. Both nearside bolts/nuts had seized so were hacksawed. I've dug out some temporary replacements but will get them at the same time. I think some stainless bolts may be in order.

slob
30-07-2011, 04:59 PM
...and a little coppaslip!

depending on the model and year the clips should be available in black, white or grey.

Johnnyrob
30-07-2011, 07:13 PM
Cheers Slob. The current ones are an off white (she's a 2001). I like the sound of black. Copperslip is a great shout!