PDA

View Full Version : Fenman Bike Show

Grumpy
28-07-2011, 02:17 PM
Hi guys, who's interested in visiting on of the local bike shows in Norfolk?
The Fenman is in it's 23rd year as a show and is held at a village just outside Downham market called Wimbotisham.
It's an all day ride in event with a great relaxed atmosphere.
Last year some of us who are more local, met there, and had a great day out.
The streets of the village are littered with all sorts of bikes, and the show itself consists of trade stands and an old fashioned bike show, ride in and show!
Depending on what time we meet at and how long we're there, an ice cream by the coast at sunny Hunstanton is a possibility.
Who's up for it?:)

utopia
28-07-2011, 03:53 PM
Hi guys, who's interested in visiting on of the local bike shows in Norfolk?
The Fenman is in it's 23rd year as a show and is held at a village just outside Downham market called Wimbotisham.
It's an all day ride in event with a great relaxed atmosphere.
Last year some of us who are more local, met there, and had a great day out.
The streets of the village are littered with all sorts of bikes, and the show itself consists of trade stands and an old fashioned bike show, ride in and show!
Depending on what time we meet at and how long we're there, an ice cream by the coast at sunny Hunstanton is a possibility.
Who's up for it?:)
.....and its on August bank holiday monday, the 29th.

I was planning to go last year, but then events took a different course.
The only trouble is, thats the weekend of the Cadwell BSB round, and this year its a triple header.
I think the scales might just tip in favour of the show though, so if anyone else fancies going from the midlands, post up and we can arrange a meeting place en route maybe.

He11cat
28-07-2011, 06:19 PM
It's a great and unique show .
I'm not sure if I will be there yet as we have a UXB one being organised in Tattingstone that day and I should go and say hi .. Which is a tad lazy of me as Tattingstone is about hmmm 15 mins away!!!
I'd give the other one a huge thumbs up!
Typical both clAsh!

Mohawk
28-07-2011, 09:47 PM
Great idea Grumpy, I'm sure a bunch of us will head there from Norfolk. I'll keep an eye on this thread so we can all meet up. Moira

Grumpy
29-07-2011, 09:19 PM
That would be great Moria, we'll orginize a meet point nearer the date.

He11cat
29-07-2011, 11:27 PM
Dam I want ice cream :(

Grumpy
30-07-2011, 01:08 PM
Dam I want ice cream :(
I'll buy one if you come along:mand:

Grumpy
25-08-2011, 07:16 PM
Thought I would reserrect this thread.
I'm planning to go, and I notice capo will be there, anyone else interested.
I'm traveling up from Sudbury, I can meet upwith people on the way.
People traveling from other points, we can gather on the main green where the food stalls are placed at say approx midday?

Mohawk
25-08-2011, 08:42 PM
Midday sounds good. I expect we'll get there from Norfolk early for ease of parking but will look out for you. Here's hoping for a dry day, Moira

Grumpy
28-08-2011, 05:28 PM
look forward to seeing you Gin Moria,just keep an eye out for the Griso!

He11cat
28-08-2011, 08:15 PM
I'm not sure where il be as got to pick up some stuff at Ipswich show .. If I think I can get up I will . I'd ding your bell if there!

m600_888_900ss
29-08-2011, 12:59 AM
We'll be there. Me, Kim, the kids and the monsters. Will look out for others.

Andy