PDA

View Full Version : Recommend me an app

desmo
21-07-2011, 08:10 PM
I have a new phone, a Samsung Galaxy S & am totally new to the Android market.
Soooo, what are the best Apps (free & paid) can anyone recommend some good ones.

So far, I have.

E-Bay
Amazon
The Weather Channel
The Train Line
IMDB
TV Guide
Facebook
Twitter
U-Tube

Nat696
21-07-2011, 08:45 PM
I have a good one called soundhound, it will identify any song after hearing a few seconds. If you want a good game, try angry birds.
You can also search top apps.

Gilps
21-07-2011, 08:58 PM
Have you got the S, or the new S2. My wife's had an S2 for a couple of months now and loves it. I prefer my HTC Snesation though.

Anyway, apps:
For games the Angry Birds ones are very addictive - free
Fruit slice game, good fun - free (thanks Slob)
Lookout for Anti-virus - free
I've got a couple of wi-fi signal apps for chgecking availability ansd strength, Network Signal Info and Wifi Analyzer, free
Astro for file management - free
FBReader, ebook reader, free
Tapatalk for easy reading certain fora, Ducatisti supports it - pay
Co-Pilot Live for Sat Nav. It's OK but not as good as my 3 year old Mio proper sat-nav - pay
Power Amp for music play. Very good. Better than the standard music player on the HTC, but I'm having a few problems getting it to work properly on my phone as it is struggling to handle the pseudo-surround sound speakers. Pay
Spped Test to check broadband speeds - free
Google Sky Map - handy if you like star gazing. Hold your phone up to the night sky and it tells you what you are looking at. Free
Phone Weaver has to be my fave app and is a must have. It lets you really configure your phone in to different modes. I have my Day mode set to come on at 6 in the morning Mon-Fri, 8 on sat-Sun, when it turns on Wifi, data sync etc. Night mode comes on at night, puts the phine in to silent, turns of wifi, data etc to save battery. Car mode turns on bluetooth, GPS, launches sat nav. Its all really configurable and lets you manage the phones power usage properly. Trial app for free then pay after trial period.

Give the battery a full charge and run down quite low a couple of times early on to get max life out it. You'll be lucky to get 24 hours life out of it initially, but with something like Phone Weaver you may get it to stretch to 48 hours.