PDA

View Full Version : whats the fastest time you have trashed a bike ?

scrapps
21-07-2011, 11:50 AM
I was just wondering (now i have calmed down) if my son has set a new record.
On Friday He passed his CBT with no problem due to a great sense of balance and a few hours practice before the cbt on a scooter i had bought for him.(100cc yamaha)
BUT on Saturday morning at around 10am he came to collect the bike for his first ride now he has passed the cbt.
Moved his bike out and was getting mine out to ride to the petrol station with him but before i had even started my bike he had managed to flip the scooter smashing the rear of the bike before it landed on its right hand side smashing that :banghead::banghead:
I am not sure what he did or what the instructors had taught him the day before but less than 10mins after getting the bike its looking very sad in my garage awaiting lots of plastics etc from good old ebay.

Fugly
21-07-2011, 11:54 AM
Kids, you just gotta luv' em.
My youngest has just bought a ZX10-R so waiting for the call :worried:

J.P
21-07-2011, 12:01 PM
I'm not sure it's a record, but damned quick :)

number24
21-07-2011, 12:32 PM
That's a good effort! Any pics of his handy work?

gary tompkins
21-07-2011, 12:33 PM
Could have been worse

At least he didn't clatter into your bike in the process

scrapps
21-07-2011, 12:38 PM
Could have been worse

At least he didn't clatter into your bike in the process

That's true, he only got 6ft from the drive so did not hit anybody's car and only thing hurt was his pride.

I will post some pics at some point(not a pretty sight)

Jungle24
21-07-2011, 12:45 PM
Ouch! I dropped my brand new 620ie Dark in Farringdon 3 hours after picking it up as was not used to the turning circle and my foot slipped!

Rally
21-07-2011, 12:47 PM
Oh dear Rick. :thumbsdown:

A mate many years ago had a Suzuki GS 550E delivered and it fell off the ramps when the dealer delivered it. That made a mess and took 2 weeks to sort out. I don't know if that counts though?

Stafford
21-07-2011, 12:52 PM
Oh c0ck :twak:

I did trash my LC350 24 hours after a respray, got it resprayed again and within 24 hours I'd binned it again. Not a record but far too repetitive :shocked:

ladybird
21-07-2011, 01:18 PM
my gs125 lept off it's suicide stand after i parked it up at home having driven the 12 miles home

Char
21-07-2011, 01:28 PM
Not a bike but I clearly remember buying my first single - Crazy Horses by the Osmonds (it was a big event) - Got in the back of my dad's two stroke Wartburg (thats another story) and sat on it and broke it in two

the_adam
21-07-2011, 03:12 PM
I was speaking to someone at work today, her son left our 6th form last year and passed his test recently. Seems he's already decided the bandit he got restricted is too small for him (he is really tall to be fair, the 50cc scooter he used to park next to me was quite funny to watch!). So he's now using that as an excuse to get an R1, suspect that may not last too long... And if it has to be restricted for 2 years anyway, why not go for an r6 instead? :scratch:

Never been on one but I'd look at it as quite impressive that he's managed to flip a scooter to be honest...but make sure he fixes it himself of course :thumbsup:

scrapps
21-07-2011, 03:36 PM
I still don't know what he did a 100cc scooter is quite nippy but still takes some doing.
Yes its waiting for him to show his face before repair work starts as it will be a good chance for him to learn how to replace panels and bits for the next time.(must hide my bike keys)

gary tompkins
21-07-2011, 03:58 PM
I can see a few hilarious youtube clips being posted before long

ladybird
21-07-2011, 04:00 PM
actually reminds me of our mate Alan (not alanc) when we first took him out on the pizza delivery bikes ... he managed to park wheels first in a hedge, still holding on to the bars and sitting on the top box :)

Chris & Nean
21-07-2011, 05:39 PM
Tragically a fatality occurred when a young man was bringing home his new Suzy 250 from the dealers after passing his test and just yards from his home, his dad was following behind in a car.

This terrible tragedy happened decades ago in a village not far from where I live, the memory of it has stayed with me ever since.

boris
21-07-2011, 07:18 PM
Sorry for the hijack, a Wartburg? When I was a lad my uncle in Huddersfield had one of those. I thought it was the only one that had escaped past the Iron Curtain. It was in a sort of puke colour, and boy did it rattle and smell..

desmo
21-07-2011, 08:03 PM
Not a motorised bike, but both my boys were forever abusing & smashing their cycles, whilst I was repairing my eldest's bike he asked to borrow Roz's cycle, I said don't you dare break it!

It was all of 10 minutes before he came walking back up the road draging the remains of Roz's bike in one hand & the forks & front wheel in the other!

He11cat
21-07-2011, 08:28 PM
I managed to bin my bike 3 times down one bit of road .. As fast as I got on I came off..
When I was learning:)
my funniest memory was my then bf taking me out on a bike down some country lanes .. He got me to ride it and I proudly came screAming round the corner to him looking bemused .. He stopped me and shot me a look dead pan and said " now shall we try that again .. Out of first geAr ffs!!"

He was following me when I fell off 3 times .. He was again none to impressed .. Falling off 3 times on the same road in under 10 mins was envaressing !

Scott1
21-07-2011, 10:54 PM
I'm glad this wasn't me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HO1CYd6ghRw

Nickj
21-07-2011, 11:08 PM
Oh c0ck :twak:

I did trash my LC350 24 hours after a respray, got it resprayed again and within 24 hours I'd binned it again. Not a record but far too repetitive :shocked:

Ahh LC's.. remember those moments when you'd stopped on one side of the road and the bikes on the other side a bit further on and it's screaming at something like 20 million revs and you just know that any s .....
phuttttt

Bodybag
22-07-2011, 12:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9zNUPDmnz4

hahahahaha Silly boxhead!!

Char
22-07-2011, 09:11 AM
Sorry for the hijack, a Wartburg? When I was a lad my uncle in Huddersfield had one of those. I thought it was the only one that had escaped past the Iron Curtain. It was in a sort of puke colour, and boy did it rattle and smell..

It was a bit 'unusual' especially being two stroke - it was a blue estate and I have fond memories of going to west country in it at the weekends!

pegboy
22-07-2011, 10:33 AM
I remember my dad picking up my dirt bike and first ever bike Yam YZ80. He'd brought it home on the back of the tray top truck we had, I jumped on it straight away and rode around the garden up and down the drive until my dad, 6" 2, 110kg back then, jumps on it and rides it straight into the truck and wedges the front end under the rear tray, i could have cried, luckily just the front fender to replace and a few scratches.

Gordon H
22-07-2011, 11:13 AM
It was a bit 'unusual' especially being two stroke - it was a blue estate and I have fond memories of going to west country in it at the weekends!

In a 100% pipe moment - I remember back around 1972 my father had a Hillman Minx which was used for a a few trips back to Scotland - with us 3 kids in the back. Memorable for an epic fail on the M6 when part of the alternator fell off.......

Happy days.......

sbhumphrey
22-07-2011, 11:24 AM
When I picked up my first bike, a Yamaha FS1E, I went straight to a mates house to show him and in the time it took to walk from the car park to his house and back with him (2 minutes max) there was my bike on its side with the headlight smashed and 2 little toe rags running across a field. Total time of ownership to damage 20 minutes.... And no I didn't catch the culpits.

hhmunro
22-07-2011, 12:33 PM
one of my mates went to pick up a brand new ypvs500 yam, the dealer, who had a very dry sense of humour ,told him it was quite lively, my mate said he had had the 350 for a year and did not need telling anything, climbed on,revved it, dropped the clutch, then shot straight up in the air. 800 pounds worth of damage before leaving the forecourt,
'told you', said the dealer...
and that was in the early '80s,when 800 quid was a chunk of change.

Nickj
22-07-2011, 01:21 PM
He'd have loved my LC then Hh , full on stan stephens race tuned motor, in theory with the mod TZ pipes it chucked out really stupid power levels. The power output was a just little aggressive :biggrin:
Had an almost similar happening when I was selling it, guy cracked the throttle open in 3rd, I don't think he was expecting the bike to go vertical so fast

gary tompkins
22-07-2011, 07:55 PM
This must be some kinda record..

<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q9zNUPDmnz4?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q9zNUPDmnz4?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

a7avenger
23-07-2011, 06:52 PM
I remember watching somebody walk out of CBS motorcycles in Whitton to be shown to their brand new Honda C70 stood at the kerb, all kitted out with top box and rack.:gay:
After a 2 minute talk through the controls etc the shop owner left him to it....
As you are all probably aware those Honda c models had a semi automatic clutch, the idea is to slip them into gear on tickover with the back brake held on then twist the thottle and away you go.:scratch:
So when he started revving the bike up I knew even at the tender age of 15 that this wasn't going so well. :thumbsdown:
Anyway the inevitable happened, the gears went CRUNCH! The front wheel lifted off and I watched him paddle up the road and finally fall off in a big heap, all within 2 minutes of ownership.
That was one of the bad things about the old days, you could get on a bike with absolutely NO training. More fool him though.

scrapps
26-07-2011, 11:43 AM
Finished putting the scooter back together last night and its back on the road today (hope it makes the day in 1 bit)
Its looking a bit sad with lots of scratches on its panels and a white foot plate section instead of the proper black one due to a shipping error(black on way).
Most bits were found on a site called pedparts.co.uk who have loads of bits, plus I made a couple of new brackets at work. If he can keep it safe for a few months then it can have a proper rebuild and spray job then.

P.S. I had a Puch-Maxi as my first bike that lasted 2 weeks before i hit the back of a Mini at speed and killed it for good :look:

scrapps
27-07-2011, 11:18 AM
Wooo hooo the bike has survived a whole day :chuckle: