PDA

View Full Version : Paint Codes - Which One Is It ?

tricolore
17-07-2011, 04:55 PM
Looking at various threads the pre 98' Ducati Red for a 93 Monster appears to be 473.101. After ringing a dealer he gave me ( and checked twice ) 539.5013 Anniversary Red and in the new Ducati Bible gives 7525.. Which one is it or are these codes from different suppliers/manufacturers of paint but all the same colour ?

steeevvvooo
17-07-2011, 05:18 PM
Not very helpul I know, but as your name suggests... 3 codes is probably about right! ;) if the dealers have no idea... Not sure where to go.

Someone will be along with some useful advice at some point...

slob
17-07-2011, 05:53 PM
The paint codes for a given year should be in the original owners' manual (at the back) if you can find someone who has one for your year.

slob
17-07-2011, 05:55 PM
you may find one here for a few Euros, if no-one on the forum can help

http://www.duc.nu/manuals/

Darkness
17-07-2011, 08:26 PM
The paint codes for a given year should be in the original owners' manual (at the back) if you can find someone who has one for your year.

I've just had a look through mine, and whilst it has a note of the Frame Number, the Engine Number and the Key Number, there's no sign of a paint code.

:spin::spin:

slob
17-07-2011, 08:53 PM
My apologies then, later models do, all mine have the paint codes after the legend for the wiring diagram

Dukedesmo
17-07-2011, 09:36 PM
My apologies then, later models do, all mine have the paint codes after the legend for the wiring diagram

It's listed in the front of the parts manual, you can get them from Ducati's website but only up to 10 years old. However I believe that it would be PPG 473.101

tricolore
19-07-2011, 01:08 PM
Got the seat hump and mudguard back today, they have not been completely resprayed only tarted up using the 5013 paint as advised.....the guy did a great job getting the scratches out etc but after hours looking in various light can't make my mind up if they are a slightly deeper red. It may be the correct colour and the existing parts may have faded over the years. Not sure if its worth getting them done again in the 473.101 shade just to see if it improves, to be honest, the difference is so minimal don't think anyone would notice....