PDA

View Full Version : No more air cooled monsters!?!

randall356
06-07-2011, 06:36 AM
Might be old news already but I don't know ;

quote from Ducatisti

"Service done, cost 150 Euros, no dramas, checked belt tension and changed oil and no I won't be upgrading to the 1100 evo just yet. Took it for a 30 min test and as expected it's bloody brilliant, the simplest way to put it is - it's more of a good thing. It feels a few cm higher, the suspension is very good and thers a dollop more torque the stock cans sound really evil and raw. The chap at Ducati told me it's the last air cooled engine as in 2013 EU law will ban air cooled engines as they produce more pollution due to hotter exhaust gases, they will introduce liquid cooled engines across the whole range as well as ABS."

steeevvvooo
06-07-2011, 10:10 AM
Might be old news already but I don't know ;

quote from Ducatisti

"Service done, cost 150 Euros, no dramas, checked belt tension and changed oil and no I won't be upgrading to the 1100 evo just yet. Took it for a 30 min test and as expected it's bloody brilliant, the simplest way to put it is - it's more of a good thing. It feels a few cm higher, the suspension is very good and thers a dollop more torque the stock cans sound really evil and raw. The chap at Ducati told me it's the last air cooled engine as in 2013 EU law will ban air cooled engines as they produce more pollution due to hotter exhaust gases, they will introduce liquid cooled engines across the whole range as well as ABS."

848 evo or 1198 powered monster anyone? :mand:

mintyhit
06-07-2011, 10:52 AM
1198 powered monster anyone? :mand:

Isn't that called the Streetfighter?
:)

J.P
06-07-2011, 11:43 AM
I'd buy an 1198 engined Monster in a shot.

Maybe I should place an order & deposit with a dealership, just in case.....

gary tompkins
06-07-2011, 01:58 PM
Should increase the value of classic aircooled monsters

It's a win win situation as far as I'm concerned