PDA

View Full Version : York - Saturday 20th August - Meeting and Evening out

nambduke
04-07-2011, 10:50 PM
Evening All,

Right, I'm going to try a bit harder this year.....so....

Calling all UKMOCers (and yellow ST4S bigredduke/yellowST4belly!)......Sat 20th August, who's up for a night in York for an Italian meal and a few beers?

Depending on what people want to do, turn up for the evening, stay over or whatever, if we start discussing now, lifts, hotels, camping etc I'm sure something/everything can be organised.

Any takers?

Regards,
Mark

andros
05-07-2011, 07:01 AM
Hello Mark,

I am pretty sure I am free then so yes I am up for a night out and York is a good choice!
Andy

Desmond
05-07-2011, 09:35 AM
Hi Mark,
Yep, would love to come though will need you to approve a free pass for my husband... he's not a Monster man and 20 Aug is our wedding anniversary so can't see me being allowed out alone! York is a good one. We are York Brewery club members, so if you want to use their bar we can arrange it (though York is littered with many glorious watering holes so I'm guessing finding a drinking establishment won't be an issue).
Alice

nambduke
19-07-2011, 01:25 PM
BUMP!

Any more takers?

Regards,
Mark

Phatty
19-07-2011, 01:40 PM
Sounds good to me, missed the last one (two). Bit rude of me considering I'm a Yorky (previously from Redcar no less! i think I met you at the kirkleatham show a few years ago)

samieb
19-07-2011, 02:22 PM
Might be an idea, just need a B&B and to check the calenders free.?.

nambduke
20-07-2011, 06:30 PM
Sounds good to me, missed the last one (two). Bit rude of me considering I'm a Yorky (previously from Redcar no less! i think I met you at the kirkleatham show a few years ago)

You did indeed. It'll be good if you can make it

Regards
Mark

bigredduke
20-07-2011, 09:08 PM
Evening All,

Right, I'm going to try a bit harder this year.....so....

Calling all UKMOCers (and yellow ST4S bigredduke/yellowST4belly!)......Sat 20th August, who's up for a night in York for an Italian meal and a few beers?

Depending on what people want to do, turn up for the evening, stay over or whatever, if we start discussing now, lifts, hotels, camping etc I'm sure something/everything can be organised.

Any takers?

Regards,
Mark

Is there a rideout planned for the day?

nambduke
22-07-2011, 12:20 AM
I can't see why not, Paul!

I could start from Guisborough at 9am....You could start from Brough at 9am - North meets South and we could meet at up at Helmsley at around 10/10:30before heading for York at say 11/11:30. I tried booking for the 20th at the York hotels but nothing ssemed available? Suppose camping might be the way to go? Either way, whether to stay or head off after a pizza it's upto individuals I suppose. I have a pal in York who 'may' let a few of us camp in his back garden.....any other options? Anyone know of any good B&Bs in York?

Regards,
Mark

nambduke
15-08-2011, 09:38 PM
Evening all

Due to the low uptake, I am cancelling this meeting.

Regards
Mark

Phatty
16-08-2011, 11:32 AM
bad times :-(

nambduke
16-08-2011, 10:47 PM
Its a shame but there just isnt many monster owners around these parts! A rare breed it seems!!!!

Regardsq
Mark

Phatty
17-08-2011, 08:57 AM
I think I have only ever seen one other one in York

andros
18-08-2011, 07:03 AM
Its a shame you have had to cancel Mark but thanks for trying to bring the Yorkshire members together.

We will have to have arrange a ride and meet somewhere in the middle during September!
Andy

bigredduke
19-08-2011, 06:44 PM
Mark
Just got back from Lake Como. The birth centre where Mrs BRD works has been closed whilst we were away and she has had to go out on the community so her shifts have all been changed. So I couldn't have made it anyway.

Really appreciate your efforts though. What about a post on Ducati Up North? As a none-Monster owner now, we may be able to attract a few more other models?
Paul

nambduke
21-08-2011, 06:39 PM
Hi Paul,

You are probably right. I'm going to have to sort out my diary for the next few months due to business travel again.

Watch this space!!

Did you take the ST with you on holiday? If you did....any pics??

Regards,
Mark

Phatty
21-08-2011, 09:58 PM
Went for a ride out this aft, saw an S4R in Stamford Bridge. Pulled into Fimber woods on my way to Brid and there was TWO S4RS's there! So not that rare around York after all.