PDA

View Full Version : yet another chop question

blue_toaster
02-07-2011, 11:05 PM
Hi, I'm new to Monster ownership having picked up my S4R 2 weeks ago. I'm loving it apart from the tongue sticking out the back and so I'm looking at going down the tail chop route.

I have a Remus can which will stick out beyond the number plate if I chop it. Does anyone know if there's anything stated about whether a plate needs to be right at the rear of the vehicle or whether bits can protrude beyond it?

I've checked the DVLA website re license plate rules, and other than the blurb about standard letter sizes and spacing, all it says is 'Motorcycles registered from 1 September 2001 must only display a number plate at the rear of the vehicle.'.

I think I'm ok but justed wanted to ask the collective view.

Rally
03-07-2011, 06:18 AM
Many bikes that have been chopped have that look. Some also chop the cans to do away with the wheel barrow handles effect you are left with!

blue_toaster
03-07-2011, 07:11 PM
thanks. Plus I've found this in the MOT manuals on the transportoffice website describing a reason for MOT failure relating to the license plate ' is not easily legible by a person standing approximately 15 meters to the rear of the machine'

So all is good :)

for interest, the MOT manuals are here (http://www.transportoffice.gov.uk/crt/doitonline/bl/mottestingmanualsandguides/mottestingmanualsandguides.htm).