PDA

View Full Version : Mallory Trackday, massive thanks

slob
02-07-2011, 11:29 AM
to everyone... both those who took part, took photos or just came along for the craic.

especially:
J.P for doing the vast bulk of the booking and organising,
Tony, Dawn and all at Ducati Wolverhampton for their support.
Rollo and Jo for providing an extra paddock cafe.
and obviously the guys and gal from No Limits.

It's great both to put faces to names and meet old friends.
Mallory's tagline "The friendly circuit" seems entirely appropriate,
I had an absolute blast!

last and most definitely not least!
Everyone who donated cash to help make up the shortfall in funding.
My financial loss is quite small now that I've done the maths and I am absolutley blown away by the generosity and support shown by both UKMOC members and other attendees, so can we all stop worrying about this please.

I LOVE THIS CLUB!

In addition to Desmo, Muttley, Gordon, Tonio and anyone else who took photos,
the 'official' photographers where
Motorsport In Focus (Mallory Park, photos not up yet) (http://www.motorsportinfocus.co.uk/Motorbike_Sidecar_Events.html)
Peter Wileman (No Limits, photos should be up Sunday since he's still at Mallory today) (http://www.peterwilemanphotography.com/main/index.php?module=media&pId=100&category=gallery/trackday)

ps. We can talk about "next year" if and how? once the aching has stopped.
(I really should do this more often, then I'd be fitter and ache less)

utopia
02-07-2011, 12:04 PM
Massive thanks to you too, Rob.
I love this club too.
Next year ?....Oh yes indeedy.
"the rounder we go, the faster we get"

Albie
02-07-2011, 12:18 PM
I love this club too. Too much sometimes. It was great and was nice to see you smiling Rob at dinner and yesterday.
Glad we went someway to even it up. Like we all said let us know if we can add more between us all. Paypal works quickly and efficiently.

alan c
02-07-2011, 12:53 PM
A massive thank you to you SLOB and everyone else involved. It was the most fun i have had on a motorbike for ages and all my friends made it even better.

steeevvvooo
02-07-2011, 01:13 PM
*group hug*

Glad the finances were almost square at the end of the day.:flamed:

I too am aching. All that "trying" to hang off the bike means the inside of the thighs are in agony today :o

Would love to do more track days, and am already looking for another before the end of the year... :devil: I've got the bug...

Rally
02-07-2011, 01:28 PM
I was aching like mad on the way home and didn't even think about it that it might of been the trackday! You're right, it does make you ache.

New front tyre this morning made me ache a little more as well. :D

Tonio600
02-07-2011, 01:50 PM
Count me in for next year again. I had a brilliant time.

LouSCannon
03-07-2011, 08:59 AM
Was a short day for me (Looks like the seal is broke, not just dirt, small puddle round the fork yesterday) but enjoyed it none the less...

Well done Rob for organising it all with JP, and as you say many thanks to Duncan and Jo for feeding the masses!

Hope to do it again next year! See you all soon....

slob
03-07-2011, 09:56 AM
...Looks like the seal is broke, not just dirt, small puddle round the fork yesterday...

It's an Öhlins sir, they all do that.

J.P
03-07-2011, 10:01 AM
You are all welcome.

S4Rs MacK
03-07-2011, 01:12 PM
Ditto.
Massive cheers to Rob, Justin, Duncan and Jo. And a thanks to all the UKMOC for helping make the popping of my track day cherry oh so special.
And we topped it off with some fantastic fish n chips in Royal Leamington Spa on the way home. Perhaps Helen (K1) will have a battered sausage the next time. Lol.

Kemp1
03-07-2011, 06:33 PM
Perhaps Helen (K1) will have a battered sausage the next time. Lol.

Lol -after watching Rally eat his, I will never see a battered sausage in the same way again!! :eyepopping:

pegboy
03-07-2011, 07:12 PM
Bit late I know but also want to echo everyone's word in thanking especially rob and jp. Without your efforts we would not of had this special day.

As some may know my bike was taken out by a lorry whilst parked up on Wednesday. I took it to Rosso Corse Wednesday night which they waited for me to arrive then spent thursday putting it together for me to ride Friday. So on a personal note I wish to thank Ray and Marcus for repairing my bike as such short notice and saving my first UKMOC trackday experience. Another great effort from the boys at ROSSO big thank you

scrapps
04-07-2011, 11:43 AM
A Massive thank you to all who made the UKMOC trackday the fantastic day it was.:hail:

couchcommando
04-07-2011, 12:38 PM
Enjoyed the day mate having not ridden since October and having not ridden the 848 it was nice to take it for a spin, I'll see you next year too :)