PDA

View Full Version : Assen tt!

cairojay
28-06-2011, 07:51 PM
Just got back from the Assen TT - what a great week! The racing was fantastic in all classes especially the Red Bull Rookies. Bradley Smith was brilliant and it won't be long before he notches his first win in MOTO2. It was a non stop party for 4 days and when Em and I left the track we rode out with what seemed like 10,000 bikes and for the next 70 - 80 miles or so the streets and motorway bridges were lined with 1000s of people watching and waving as we rode out - totally amazing! Great trip on the bikes - 1000 miles in all and the S4 was brilliant - I was on a hired GS as Em rode the Duc. Think we might be addicted now and really understand why its called the Cathedral. If you've never done it find the time, borrow beg and steal to go - it will live with us forever.

Cutter
29-06-2011, 04:53 PM
Yep was there with Mrs Cutter - she rode 695, I was on Firestorm. How was GS - as good at distance as they say?

cairojay
30-06-2011, 08:11 AM
Yeah it was pretty good, tank range was about 180 miles, it got a bit unsteady at the higher speeds as the front end was very light with it fully laden. If I were to go for a bike like that it would definitely be the new multistrada as I found the engine a bit frustrating but then again I am used to riding the S4. We saw quite a few Monsters on our way out and there was a couple who rode along side us when we got onto the main drag for a while.

Cutter
30-06-2011, 09:19 AM
Multi's a hell of a bike by all accounts but a bit out of my price league and I think the front is ugly boring where the old one was ugly interesting. Quite like the old air-cooled ones actually. Also lusting for the KTM SMT. The ideal would be a Hypermotard "T" in the same vein but I can't see it happening.....

cairojay
30-06-2011, 09:56 AM
Yeah its totally out of mine too but if money were no object and all that. I like the look of the KTM too but I'm a sucker for the Ducati brand so I'd probably bite the bullet and weigh myself down with debt!