PDA

View Full Version : What a difference a week makes...

JerryT
26-06-2011, 07:10 PM
Well, a lot can happen in a week can't it?

This time last week I was making plans and looking forward to the trackday and so on.

Today I have just got back from seeing my eldest daughter in a critical care ward in Hospital where she is on a ventilator fighting a very serious case of pneumonia in both lungs. She has been there for six days now and is likely to be in there for some time yet.

I expect to be cancelling my booking at the Kirkby House Hotel so if there is anyone who wants a room there (it's just yards from the track entrance) it should be coming up shortly.

J.P., please don't worry about a refund - I know you're probably going to make a loss on this event so just keep it mate.

uksurfer
26-06-2011, 07:14 PM
Sorry to hear that Jerry, thoughts are with you and hope she pulls through.

If theres anything i can do let me know

martin

J.P
26-06-2011, 07:16 PM
All the best to your daughter Jerry.

JerryT
26-06-2011, 08:46 PM
Thanks guys.

Paivi
26-06-2011, 08:50 PM
Sending loads of positive, healing vibes to MissT. Hope she'll be back to annoying her dad soon.

Having had pneumonia before, I can confirm that ice cream and chocolate are excellent cures, indeed panacea for all ills. Shopping also helps in the mental healing.

Albie
26-06-2011, 08:53 PM
Thats not a nice thing mate. I hope all is ok for her and you and your family must keep your spirits up for her.
Andy and Caroline

1100steve
26-06-2011, 09:00 PM
Wishing your daughter a full and speedy recovery MrT.

Have you paid Kirkby lodge or owe them a deposit etc?

JerryT
26-06-2011, 09:16 PM
I booked a room with a credit card. Tried calling them this evening to cancel but just got a recorded message several times, so have now emailed them. In theory I can cancel the room without penalty up to 5 days before the booking.

john fisherman
26-06-2011, 09:24 PM
Tough to concentrate on anything else when things like that are going on.

Hope things get better soon.

JH

1100steve
26-06-2011, 09:26 PM
I booked a room with a credit card. Tried calling them this evening to cancel but just got a recorded message several times, so have now emailed them. In theory I can cancel the room without penalty up to 5 days before the booking.

I have made alternative arrangements elsewhere and have not have to leave a deposit etc. If you have any trouble getting your funds back let me know and i'll take on your room and get you the cash. You'll need that £55.00 to spend on the girlie when she recovers:thumbsup:

JerryT
26-06-2011, 09:45 PM
Hopefully it won't be a problem, but I'll bear it in mind Steve. You are a proper gent. :)

Rally
27-06-2011, 12:13 AM
Hi Jerry, I'm sorry to hear your news and wish you, your family and daughter all the best for a full and fast recovery. :thumbsup:

JerryT
27-06-2011, 12:35 PM
Kirkby house have cancelled my booking OK with no charges, so that means they should have a room available on the night of the 30th for anyone who wants it. I know some of us are already booked in there so it should be sociable!

Our daughter Emma is stable this morning but not improving as hoped for, so we're obviously hoping desperately for some better news in the coming days. Thanks all for your kind thoughts.

Jerry

singletrack
27-06-2011, 05:23 PM
I am so sorry to hear this Jerry - I hope she starts to improve soon.
Anne x

Gutsy
27-06-2011, 08:02 PM
Hi Jerry - very sorry to hear your worrying news. It certainly puts life into perspective. Hope your worrying is very soon over and Emma is back on her feet , a happy and healthy young lady.

MrsC_772
27-06-2011, 09:28 PM
Hope Emma makes a speedy recovery Jerry. I can't imagine what an anxious time this must be for you. Fingers crossed she's on the mend soon.

Mand
27-06-2011, 09:58 PM
Good lord, sending a ton of healing vibes in your girls direction. Stay mighty.

Mand and Dave (Mr cake)

Stuart42
28-06-2011, 06:57 AM
Hi Mr & Mrs T

Hope Emma is well again soon.

Cheers
Stuart

JerryT
28-06-2011, 08:35 AM
Thanks so much guys. It's a great comfort to read your kind messages.
We've had a very slight improvement in Emma's condition in the last 24 hours so we're hanging on to that. They still haven't been able to grow a culture of what it is that has caused the pneumonia despite numerous blood samples but we're keeping our fingers crossed...

MonstaChicky
28-06-2011, 01:01 PM
Wishing Emma a speedy and full recovery xx