PDA

View Full Version : Too quiet !!!!

carr01
26-06-2011, 06:21 PM
Does anyone know if it is posible to encourage a deeper warmer sound from the original/standard exhausts on my S4RS, have heard horror stories involving drills and rats tail files !!. Had fitted a stubbie end can, but it made the bike look a little..well..stubbie. Are there termignoni or similar end cans available to replace the original items? any info greatly received..

bigredduke
26-06-2011, 08:17 PM
Do you have a de-cat pipe fitted?

Dave G
26-06-2011, 08:43 PM
Do you have a de-cat pipe fitted?

Yup, this'll make the biggest difference to the sound.

Coring isn't that hard, it's fiddly and time consuming but fairly straightforward if you have the correct tools.
http://monstyr-inmyowntime.blogspot.com/2011/03/coring-sr-exhaust-i-did-this-because-i.html

carr01
20-08-2011, 10:02 AM
IMAGINEER, thanks alot for your post on coring exhausts. I found it detailed and very helpful. As you said it took a while and plenty of drevel bits but was worth it. previously i had a stubby termignoni fitted, it didnt really suit, the standard ones look a lot better and now sound it ! Cheers..

Dave G
20-08-2011, 11:18 AM
Glad it was of some use and it's always quite satisfying when you can do something like this yourself rather than buy a ready made solution.

I still like the OE pattern cans better than pretty much any of the aftermarket ones too.