PDA

View Full Version : M900 Rear Suspension

DrD
26-06-2011, 08:49 AM
Got my heavily scored swing-arm back from local M/C shop. They have done a very good job on alloy welding (see http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=41533 )

Slowly rebuilding with all bolt/nut threads clinically cleaned (carb cleaner and clean rag) and loctite'd.
While I had the rear suspension finally set up but with bike prop'd up on axle stands under engine, noticed free play in rear suspension. Traced it down to lower shock bolt where there is about 1 to 2mm of free play. Is it new bush or replace entire shock?
I know I can get new Hagon for about £250 but after new ignition transducers and the weld got to look after the pounds for awhile, and wondered if new bushes are possible for the original unit (I had fitted a Hyperpro spring as part of the Hyperpro kit)

Starter Sprag
26-06-2011, 09:09 AM
You can remove lower 'rose-bush' and replace with new, the problem will be in getting new 'flanged bush-adaptors' , they are almost impossible to obtain !

Then, even if you can get all above, the bolt securing everything together is a SLOPPY fit in the bush !

One 'fix' , is to carefully wrap ptfe tape around bolt, and firm it down smooth with hands, until it just fits bush

crust
26-06-2011, 06:51 PM
They all do that.

You can replace the bolt to reduce it a bit or wrap steel shim round it, but, meh, its no biggie.