PDA

View Full Version : drop in idling speed

the_adam
22-06-2011, 02:46 PM
Hi all,

Last couple of days the bike seems to have been idling low even when warm, not enough to stall but staying down around the 1000 mark where it's normally 1500 or a bit more. It feels different to ride too, not quite so smooth as before and possibly a little less power at low speed. Things are better with the choke on a bit but I'm wondering whether it might be a symptom of a more serious problem?

One possible thing to consider, I replaced the DP air filter with a pipercross one a few months ago - the effect was an annoying drop in engine braking and made it idle very slightly lower than before (hardly noticeable though). Wasn't enough to cause concern, the current problem has only been going on since the weekend but I'd imagine the filter probably isn't helping! I assumed the engine was running a bit too lean and had planned to sort it out with a power commander if it ever ends up getting the new exhaust (or just a different filter if not!) :)

rac3r
22-06-2011, 04:34 PM
Take it to a dealer and have them hook it up to the mathesis thing. When I good my bike it was idling so low that it would cut out, they adjusted some air screws or something and all was good. When I get a decat I'll have them run a setup