PDA

View Full Version : Carbon and Aluminium Stuff for sale?

NormanHouse
21-06-2011, 09:08 AM
I'm fairly new to Monsterdom but enjoying the new bike no end.

I want to get it back to standard then have a think about any mods - the previous owner had obviously put his unique stamp on it and luckily for me retained most of the original bits. They seem to divide into three disyinct catagories:

Aluminium Body work - Open Belt Covers, seat cowel, air scoops, mudguard, headlight fairing and belly pan.

Carbon Stuff - Hugger, side panels, Tray/Reg plate, Sprocket cover, Pipe heat shields.

Pipes - Remus Titanium with ECU.

Is it better to try and sell three separate add on packs or every item seaprately and what are the worth?
I might regret selling the cans but they are really loud - don't know if it would get through the MoT.

Rally
21-06-2011, 09:12 AM
You have some very saleable items there, don't undersell them. The fairing and belt covers especially. :thumbsup:
Sell each item on its own for the best result.

Saint aka ML
21-06-2011, 09:19 AM
First dibs on air scoops!

As it is 900ie I would think carbon side panels are standard?

Stafford
21-06-2011, 09:21 AM
Dibs on the front mudguard please

NormanHouse
21-06-2011, 09:58 AM
First dibs on air scoops!

As it is 900ie I would think carbon side panels are standard?

Actually it appears not - the original ones have "MONSTER METALLIC" written on and are plastic - offside one has been split around the bolt hole! How did that happen? So I'll need a new one if I sell the carbon ones. Better non phone pics soon.

the_adam
21-06-2011, 10:08 AM
You can get just about any cans through the MOT if you go to a friendly garage :D Alternatively, you can normally find "universal" baffles on ebay. They won't exactly make them quiet but found they worked quite well on my last bike to take the edge off the noise

Personally I'd split them too, you're likely to get a bit more money from it that way and it seems that people are interested in individual bits already :thumbsup: I've never even seen aluminium bodywork before...just glad I don't have a shiny bike or I'd be quite tempted! May be interested in the sprocket cover though if you do decide to sell them separately.

the_adam
21-06-2011, 10:14 AM
Actually it appears not - the original ones have "MONSTER METALLIC" written on and are plastic - offside one has been split around the bolt hole! How did that happen? So I'll need a new one if I sell the carbon ones. Better non phone pics soon.

I've got a pair of plastic side panels spare if you wanted them, think they should fit a 900. Complete with UKMOC stickers :)

Fugly
21-06-2011, 10:21 AM
Is the carbon tea tray / plate holder a standard shaped one?

If so I would take that, any chance of a pic

He11cat
21-06-2011, 10:22 AM
If the belt covers would fit am M600 (sorry I am dim ) its the newer shape engine I would like first dibbs on them please please ... I can play move about parts then!!
Also possibly front muddy...

Actually il just have your bike its glittery like mine :)

NormanHouse
21-06-2011, 12:35 PM
Tea Tray/numberplate holder is Standard type, don't know if the belt covers would fit a M600 but they usually have a part number stamped on so you could check if you have a parts book.

What I'll do is take some proper detailed pics and post them at the weekend then spend the rest of the week getting the bits off during which time folk can PM me with any offers on stuff they are interested in.

Anything left over will get fleabayed.

Anybody care to pitch in with what I should be asking for the cans and ECU? No recipts with this from the seller I bought it from but I'm guessing it was a pretty packet. Seems very high quality. Remus French are they?

I put the standard Cans on last week to take it for the MoT - he said it is discrectionary unless it is clearly stamped 'not for 'Road use', 'Race use only' etc - however there are limits and my guess is this is close to it.

Stunning to ride with the DP pipes mind and I found myself looking for big steep Hills!

number24
21-06-2011, 01:01 PM
Ill have the air scoops if no one else takes them!

Fugly
21-06-2011, 01:08 PM
Hi NormanHouse, thanks for the feedback, if you can post or pm me a pic of the tea tray and price I'll take that if it's in nice condition.

Fugly

gary tompkins
21-06-2011, 01:29 PM
The alloy body parts look like Road Racing from Italy - no longer in production and rare as hell. Stuart at Spareshack used to sell RR parts about 8 years ago and they were mega expensive.

Belt covers - not sure who makes them but again rare.. only ever seen 2 sets for sale

Cans - as Adam said aftermarket db killers will sort them

Carbon parts are less difficult to find but still expensive new

http://www.duccutters.com/MISCgallery/Originals/RoadRacing-Exhausts2.jpg

Dukedesmo
21-06-2011, 02:44 PM
FYI there's a guy on Italian ebay selling aluminium seat cowls, mudguards etc both in polished and brushed finish; http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250591422052&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

The 900 belt covers won't fit a 600 or 750 because they're longer.

NormanHouse
21-06-2011, 02:45 PM
Cheers for the info - the scoops look identical to mine as does the belly pan - difficult to tell withe cowel and fairing as they are painted and mine are bare alloy.

Do you have any more info on the company? You or others may be able to confirm when I get some decent pics up.

number24
21-06-2011, 03:36 PM
Hi NormanHouse, thanks for the feedback, if you can post or pm me a pic of the tea tray and price I'll take that if it's in nice condition.

Fugly

I got a carbon tea tray if this one isnt up to scratch.

Albie
21-06-2011, 03:37 PM

Rally was after one too.

He11cat
21-06-2011, 04:46 PM
Never mind :( no shiny belt covers for the baby :(
thanks for telling me did wonder as engine shape different.
Nothing else will fit my lads :(

Saint aka ML
21-06-2011, 08:59 PM
Ill have the air scoops if no one else takes them!

Booked it first 3rd post from top.

Blah blah
21-06-2011, 09:18 PM
Pipes - Remus Titanium with ECU.

I might regret selling the cans but they are really loud - don't know if it would get through the MoT.

As I only live up the road, I may be able to lend you a set of standard cans should you need them...

O b v i o u s l y I'm not suggesting that anyone one should swap the cans just for the MoT as I'm sure that would be frowned upon by the authorities and is something that I wouldn't do...:look:

the_adam
21-06-2011, 10:09 PM
Sorry to go a little off topic here...basically I really like the design of those air scoops but shiny things don't work on my bike...does anyone know of a place that would be able to take them and make a carbon fibre copy for a not-too-crazy price? Assuming that I could persuade whoever buys them to agree to it of course :)

Rally
21-06-2011, 10:41 PM

As Albie says, I am after a full size one to fit an S4Rs if anyone has one to fit. I'm not so keen on the one that shows the frame rails. Anyone? :thumbsup:

NormanHouse
21-06-2011, 10:48 PM
Sorry to go a little off topic here...basically I really like the design of those air scoops but shiny things don't work on my bike...does anyone know of a place that would be able to take them and make a carbon fibre copy for a not-too-crazy price? Assuming that I could persuade whoever buys them to agree to it of course :)

I did think of getting them anodised or painted myself. I love the vague cafe racer look of the alloy with the modern performance - but I just ain't got the room in the shed for two of everything.

Took pics tonight and got belly pan and cowel off and autosoled to a lovely shine.

I presume the front wheel needs to come out to get the guard off?
That'll have to wait til the weekend.

Fugly
22-06-2011, 09:56 AM
Yep i am with Rally on this, I don't like the exposed frame rails so am looking a replica in carbon of the standard tea tray.

I understand there are two different mounts used for tea trays (that may be incorrect) so need one to fit an S4R

Cheers
Fugly

Albie
22-06-2011, 03:01 PM
Yep i am with Rally on this, I don't like the exposed frame rails so am looking a replica in carbon of the standard tea tray.

I understand there are two different mounts used for tea trays (that may be incorrect) so need one to fit an S4R

Cheers
Fugly
3 and 4 bolt fixing.It really doesn't matter as you just drill a middle hole in the rear section of your frame to insert the rubber grommetand 6mm bush. It matters not as no strength lost.

Saint aka ML
22-06-2011, 04:10 PM

If I get them you are welcome to lend them as they will not go on a bike for sometime as my plan is not just to have them as scoops (already have CF ones) they will hold my machine guns ;) or rockets or something else there.

the_adam
22-06-2011, 08:12 PM
Thanks! I never managed to find the normal air scoops for mine, looking at them they might even fit side by side though? Have found a place that looks promising, going to email and see what they say, will let you know if it's not silly-money :)

Machine guns are ok, but you wouldn't really be able to aim them while on the move. My solution would be gerbils. Angry gerbils. The scoops would be the perfect size to work as holsters - if someone happens to upset you while riding, simply reach down, grab a gerbil and throw it through their window (because most annoying cars seem to need the windows open to let the noise out!) And let mr.gerbil do the rest :D

Mark Taylor
23-06-2011, 04:22 PM
You have a PM

NormanHouse
26-06-2011, 05:23 PM
Front wheel needs to come out to get the mudguard off and I'm struggling to find a 28mm socket - not even available in the Halfords pro range!
Any one point me towards one - prefer not to have to buy a whole set.

the_adam
26-06-2011, 06:41 PM
The link seems to be for the picasa homepage, couldn't find your pictures when I did a search on there either. Basically, I'm just wondering whether the sprocket cover is the vented one and how much you'd want for it :)

Ebay's normally a good place to buy individual sockets - just have to be slighly careful not to get cheap ones, I bought an adapter a while ago and the end twisted off! Or if you didn't want to buy one, I've got a 28mm (1/2"drive) socket sitting on the shelf that you could borrow if you wanted, could post it or meet you halfway at one of the m6 services. Doesn't get used very often but I'd like to have it back at some point :)

Saint aka ML
26-06-2011, 07:43 PM
28mm got it off ebay.

Now no pictures there but still interested in air scoops as indicated in 3rd post.

NormanHouse
26-06-2011, 08:18 PM
Sorry folks! is this one working?

https://picasaweb.google.com/103977044970356676747/M900ieMonster"

Stafford
26-06-2011, 08:23 PM
Still holding first dibs on the mudguard, when it's off :chuckle:

NormanHouse
26-06-2011, 08:25 PM
The link seems to be for the picasa homepage, couldn't find your pictures when I did a search on there either. Basically, I'm just wondering whether the sprocket cover is the vented one and how much you'd want for it :)

Ebay's normally a good place to buy individual sockets - just have to be slighly careful not to get cheap ones, I bought an adapter a while ago and the end twisted off! Or if you didn't want to buy one, I've got a 28mm (1/2"drive) socket sitting on the shelf that you could borrow if you wanted, could post it or meet you halfway at one of the m6 services. Doesn't get used very often but I'd like to have it back at some point :)

Thanks for the offer but I might as well invest - saves a few Bob at tyre change time to get the wheels off - plus I've just bought a front stand (£30 from DK Stoke - not a Duke in sight! the worlds biggest showroom! plus the Oatcake caravan has gone. And it was £5 more than advertised.)

Saint aka ML
26-06-2011, 09:12 PM
Pictures work, no photos of air scoops but I know how they look like so interested for right doh. PM sent