PDA

View Full Version : Be thankful you have a Ducati!!!!!!

jerry
18-06-2011, 02:10 PM
I am working on a 2004 benelli for a mate , needs completely rewiring but benelli cannot supply loom for 2004 models so they send out 2006 loom which is completely different its a 3 piece loom not only that but they cannot supply wiring diagrams either but i have managed to get wiring diagrams from 3 different benelli TRE /Tornado models from 2006 -2009 and they are all different and what makes it even worse all cable colours are different from year to year even on same model and the diagrams which are factory ones dont even show all the components /relays and connectors????

what should be a simple job has already taken up months of wasted time and research ..Benelli Forum is helpful as the guys are enthusiast like Ducatisti but they have little info to really help me , The Benelli dealer network is chaotic and uninformed the factory are worse than useless they send me info which is plain wrong and contradictory .....amazing !!!!!

I will prevail for my mates sake ,going back to basics and cannibalising the looms and splicing and making up the rest although with no benelli diagnostics its a 70-30 chance of success but be thankful you have a ducati they are a doddle believe me .

Funkatronic
18-06-2011, 03:22 PM
i think i met this man in portimao last year !! he has 2 tornados right
unless some other poor benelli owner has exactly the same issue

jerry
18-06-2011, 03:52 PM
No not me my mate Chatri owns the bike in pattaya its a TNT , i have only seen one other benelli in thailand its in Bangkok and is owned by a Thai chap name EEK he owns 3 ducatis and a Speed Triple as well .

I actually like some of the engineering on the TNT as I work on this bike some things on it are very clever and nicely made i am sure it will be a hoot to ride if I can resurrect it , i will be a benelli expert soon at this rate .but I wish Chatri had stuck to his usual dealing in used Ducatis, harleys , triumphs and Jap bikes that are easy for support he runs a grey import business here for big bikes .

Funkatronic
18-06-2011, 03:56 PM
ah you back in the sunny place :-) (Thailand not brighton then) must just be a v common story with benellis then ;-)

your right i am glad i own a ducati built this side of the millenium