PDA

View Full Version : Yay or nay?

rac3r
18-06-2011, 11:45 AM
Done a quick photoshop of the tail so what do you think, yes or no? My bike has a red frame and white wheels and the same exhaust

http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu274/rac3r786/MVEdit.jpg

http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu274/rac3r786/First1.jpg

(sorry for stealing your pic Seby! :D)

Dookbob
18-06-2011, 06:20 PM
I like it.

LVC
18-06-2011, 06:23 PM
Why not :thumbsup:

rac3r
18-06-2011, 06:24 PM
I thought about adding this to my 620 when I had it and now I'm thinking about it again so I might just have to try it this time! :chuckle:

Paivi
18-06-2011, 07:33 PM
If it ain't broke...

bex
18-06-2011, 07:34 PM
Good god no.

Albie
18-06-2011, 08:02 PM
Personally NO I like it the way it is. By a MV if not but tbh you need to do some more mods before it will look right as is simons baby.

slob
18-06-2011, 09:17 PM
The only relevant question is:
Do you like it Azhar?

number24
18-06-2011, 09:34 PM
Do it, or i might find a reason to justify it for myself!!

rac3r
18-06-2011, 09:42 PM
The only relevant question is:
Do you like it Azhar?

Not sure, I need to see it for real. That's why I want to try it out otherwise I will forever wonder.....:chuckle:

the_adam
19-06-2011, 12:11 AM
I'm not going to vote for obvious reasons :) Just to warn you, the tail sits higher than that so you'll see more of the frame, see the 2nd picture of it fitted on mine. It follows essentially the same line as the bottom of your seat unit, although if you were feeling brave it could probably be dremelled to go a bit lower

manwithredbike
19-06-2011, 10:05 AM
Good god no.

i felt that i was morally obliged to log on just to agree with this ^^^ and add -- PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

gary tompkins
19-06-2011, 04:04 PM
I think Simon modded the rear subframe (removed grab handles) to get the MV seat unit to sit properly. It's not really a bolt on job and makes the rear end look very wide - even with underseat cans.

Paranoid Dave
19-06-2011, 04:33 PM
The MV tail also makes the tail look quite long as well as fat. Although the style and shape fits the monster look, to be right it would need to be 2/3 the size. For this reason I styled my own a few years ago, using and cutting up a seat cowl and a 999 tail to get the desmosedici look but in proportion with the tank. I sculpted it, made the seat and even had it covered ready but never got round to casting the final tail piece.

Perfection is always one step away.

Albie
19-06-2011, 04:38 PM
Done a quick photoshop of the tail so what do you think, yes or no? My bike has a red frame and white wheels and the same exhaust

http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu274/rac3r786/MVEdit.jpg

http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu274/rac3r786/First1.jpg

(sorry for stealing your pic Seby! :D)
What I do like is the fact that both shots have wheelybins and recycling in. :biggrin::biggrin:

As slob says its really what you want. You could tuck the indicators inside holes for sure like the GSXR ones.
Its not a bad look at all and I dont think your photoshop makes it look that nice tbh. First get rid of the bladder though. If you want it to look slim then paint some black on it to lessen the red. May be an improvement imho.
If you look at my 1100s solo rear cover its not much different. It has the wings on

marchesini
19-06-2011, 07:20 PM
If you are going to do it, you have to commit to it to get it looking right. I tried to make a lot if my mods so that it would be able to return to standard but then you are always working to a compromise.

As Gary rightly points out, the end of my frame has been completely cut away. The seat latch release lock had to be relocated inside the airbox at the front of the bike. In addition to modding the exhausts to fill gaps etc.

What I would do - if I was doing it again is to integrate the exhausts within the unit. I would make the rear lights with internal indicators and with the two openings at the rear, I would make them into exhaust outlets. The whole rear sat unit would contain the exhausts and the rear would be very clean and minimal.

I'm not an expert on mass area required or the technicalities of exhaust design, but from a visual perspective, I think this would be pretty cool.

One last thing is that you'll never be able to take pillions again - it annoys me sometimes but then again, I have other Ducati's for that .... or the car ;)

S

rac3r
19-06-2011, 08:35 PM
Hmm not sure, I'll have to think it over...

Albie
19-06-2011, 09:36 PM
Hmm not sure, I'll have to think it over...
Good advice from the man who made a cracking bike. I have seen it and drooled over it. I even took inspiration from it . If you want to make a dream monster look around and take ideas like your doing but dont rush ideas too fast. You cant always have things straight away but bit by bit you can get there. Unless you lose patience. Look at JMO's monster which is minimilist. Simons is big engine and neat and tidy at the same time whilst being ultra expensive to do. Not on a budget. But awesome.:hail: