PDA

View Full Version : UKMOC email Spam problems with Hotmail

iconic944ss
18-06-2011, 10:42 AM
Think I might have to swap UKMOC email back again after changing to my (easier to get to over the net at work :) ) Hotmail account....

Hotmail INSISTS MOC emails are Spam, I've added the address to my White List, told it the emails are not junk, added the whole domain as a contact - nothing seems to work - always comes into my 'Junk' folder.

Any ideas guys?

Cheers - Frank

BluprintZ
18-06-2011, 11:14 AM
Hi Frank.

To be honest, i would junk the Hotmail account and go get a G-Mail (Googlemail) account instead mate.
I use Googlemail to send pretty big files to Switzerland each week, so that is also a bonus.

I have a mate who has worked for BT for years and if they are caught with Hotmail on their laptops, it's instant dismissal, apparently Hotmail attracts a lot of crap, spam etc.

Just my 2p's worth.

G ; )

steeevvvooo
18-06-2011, 11:46 AM
Hi Frank.

To be honest, i would junk the Hotmail account and go get a G-Mail (Googlemail) account instead mate.

did exactly the same because Hotmail refused to let me override the notifications grrrr...

slob
18-06-2011, 06:11 PM
email Hotmail admin and complain bitterly, mention G-Mail as a potential solution to further wind up Microsoft Admins.

bex
18-06-2011, 06:13 PM
I also found your trackday email in my mac.com junk section this week Rob. You've now been saved as non junk!

slob
18-06-2011, 06:20 PM
Yeah, I guess I'm officially a spammer as I emailed over 4000 people.
I guess it got black holed by a lot of mail systems.
I only got 25 'unsubscribe please' back, now if I could get another 25 trackday bookings I could stop worrying about the mahoosive hole in my finances, since I now have to pay up with two weeks to go and only about four grand in the hole.
Sorry for the hijack Frank.

Xenocide
19-07-2011, 11:02 PM
Yeah i've just come here to post about this so i'll add it here instead.

It's because the forum is sending without a valid from address attached.

Forum admins: If you want me to help you out then just send me a message or email to the account on.. my account :).

I'm a techy bloke at a web design firm so do this day in, day out :).

p.s. slob i've finally realised what your avatar is a picture of :)

iconic944ss
19-07-2011, 11:48 PM
I did email Hotmail tech service and got exactly Zip back from them so far :thumbsdown:

Stafford
20-07-2011, 07:40 AM
This has been going on a lot on a paraglider forum as well, seems Hotmail have some holes in their security. :twak:

Xenocide
20-07-2011, 03:11 PM
It's not hotmail's fault - it's the forum not setup correctly.