PDA

View Full Version : Life is good.

utopia
15-06-2011, 05:02 PM
Just got back from a joyous bimble over to peterborough to collect my new leather jeans.
100 mile round trip, mostly on twisty A roads, with a few country B roads for good measure.
The sun shone, the bike never missed a beat, and all was right with the world.
The countryside smelled great, and I was singing in my helmet all the way there and back (ironically, a Will Kimbrough song called "I wish that I could be a little happier", when in fact I was about as happy as it gets).
Saw two red kites in Rutland too. I,ve never seen any in this neck of the woods before, though I was half expecting them to have moved in.
I gave the bike the full right hand all the way (slowing sensibly for villages etc, I might add), and the fuel light still hasn't come on, after at least 140 miles ???.
And my chicken strips are now a little narrower than they used to be.
The jeans only cost £10.50, and are an exact match for my previously ebayed, £12.50 jacket...both decent Hein Gericke kit, old but still excellent.
Got home in time to brew tea and make a bacon and egg cob, before the forecast rain set in.
Man, I wish I could live forever.
And the river fishing season starts at midnight.
Life is good.
Hope you all feel the same.

He11cat
15-06-2011, 05:05 PM
I have six rods in my living room at the moment :)
really need to sort fishing out again it's good for the soul being by the water.