PDA

View Full Version : Orwells burger van

He11cat
15-06-2011, 02:41 AM
I have to say some Saturdays I do like to pop down to the burger van and sit with a cuppa and watch the world go by or have a yak ...

Seems like new people have brought that whole area and are now converting the Glyn Webb building which was empty for ages.

The New owners are none to impressed with the bikes.

From what I have heard a new Gym is going in Glyn Webb and they do not want bikers hanging about and they have given the lovely lady and her burger van notice to get off..
I think Sept ( obviously when the Gym opens).

Its not the image the Gym people want.....
Already the carpark is reduced and building bits and rubbish left on the floor.

There should be I am told a petition to get her saved about down there.
Its Crazy she is there one day a week doesn't take up room
But obviously it attracts us horrible lot.

So If its there please pop in and sign it ...

We don't have anything like Rykers here or any place we can hang out and have a cuppa and chat so would be a real shame.

That or you bring your own Bacon Butties openthe gym door and waft it into the gym and watch the treadmills empty :)

The nice lady even burst my yolk in my fried egg sarnie just as I like it :)

utopia
15-06-2011, 12:59 PM
There used to be a bloke with a snack van on the A5 near Cannock who would do you a whole breakfast in a giant 12inch bap.
I, for one, was impressed.
Though careless handling would lead to disaster.

I'm not a fan of gyms, myself. In most places they pay YOU to do the work, not vice versa.

Capo
15-06-2011, 04:15 PM
If they own it then they control it, petitions are not going to work

Paranoid Dave
15-06-2011, 04:34 PM
They buy a building next to the biggest bike shop in east anglia and complain about whe van in the SHARED car park???? Surely Orwells have a say about it too?

Never used the van myself but shame to see it go.

He11cat
15-06-2011, 04:36 PM
I don't know .. All I know is poor lady been served notice..
Just passing the word on .. Probably won't work but if you don't try you never know!!!
Plus she does proper big mugs of tea!!!

Rally
15-06-2011, 06:39 PM
Plus she does proper big mugs of tea!!!

Get Guy Martin down there to support it then! He won't let a good cuppa van close.......

He11cat
15-06-2011, 11:43 PM
Yup !! Il just have to check she doesn't serve Yorkshire tea!!!

Rich750Dark
16-06-2011, 09:44 AM
Can't Ray let her onto one of his parking spaces? Seems daft as there's a huge carpark and only one little van.
I remember when they started out doing that in the town on a Sat night many moons ago. They've had quite a few problems along the way although Orwells do seem to have supported them quite well.

Oddly i bumped into her other half yesterday.

It'll be a right shame if it were to close just because the new owners don't want it there. Especially when you consider Fitness First and Gym and Trim are basically next door to a McD and KFC!

He11cat
16-06-2011, 01:00 PM
I don't know... I think its the new owners objecting....
Trouble is Gym carpark is going to be busy isn't it....
She must do Orwells some good as often I have popped in for a cuppa and then gone and brought something.
Its just stupid and petty... her other half used to work for them didn't he.

No its the land owner...
Its the only place as well round here where you can meet up with folk have a brew and a chat , with your bike. :( be a real shame

Rich750Dark
17-06-2011, 07:46 AM
Got some inside info last night. The same person has bought all the buildings on the site, i.e Glyn Webb and Orwells so it's a new landlord type situation. I guess if he's intent on moving it on, he's intent on moving it on.

On the plus side, it does sound like it'll b a nice gym!