PDA

View Full Version : Boots

Drake
13-06-2011, 06:56 PM
can anyone recommend me some boots for wearing with leathers (casual not race) I gave my MX boots a go tonight and I couldn't feel the brake or change gear to well. I don't really like the look of sport bike style boots.
Any suggestions?

Mr.Number
13-06-2011, 08:01 PM
Daytona are regarded by some to be the best out there. They are expensive but are an investment due to how long they last.

Alpinestars is good kit too and they do a range of standard touring boots, ridge, roam, web goretex etc and they are all good boots.

As with most things, depends how much you want to spend but you cant go wrong with A'stars in my opinion.

He11cat
13-06-2011, 10:20 PM
Big thumbs up for Daytona... comfy :) well made and dry.
I love mine best bike boots ive had in 20 years!

the_adam
13-06-2011, 11:19 PM
Broke my normal boots (the zip went on one quite early on, then I recently opened up the front on a slightly scary corner!) and I've just been wearing magnum combat boots ever since. Admittedly they aren't going to be so good if I ever come off and I'll get replacements eventually, but they work quite well - good feel on the controls, fairly waterproof and I can get away with using them as shoes when I get to work so don't have to take a change anymore :D

Plan is to get some alpinestars one day, general opinion seems to be good if you want something that lasts :thumbsup:

SunEye
13-06-2011, 11:58 PM
My Alpinestars S-MX Plus boots have lasted ten years and over 40,000 miles. They're Gore-Tex lined and 100% waterproof (I have treated them like wellies occasionally). The velcro has just about died now, but I can get that replaced.

Gilps
14-06-2011, 05:45 AM
Take a look at Altberg too. I really rate my Clubman Roadster Microlites. Not trendy though but excellent boots.
http://www.altberg.co.uk/Web/motorcycle.jsp

Char
14-06-2011, 03:33 PM
Saving up for some Daytona Evoque's - then I can save for a SF because I'll be able to touch the ground :bunny:

MrsC_772
14-06-2011, 07:02 PM
I'm very happy with my GTX Daytonas - bought mine when my old Frank Thomas boots started letting water in!

Capo
14-06-2011, 07:19 PM
Saving up for some Daytona Evoque's - then I can save for a SF because I'll be able to touch the ground :bunny:

Hmm I might get a pair of those to help with my 28" inseam, don't suppose anyone would know they were LADIES boots unless there is a pink panel somewhere.

Char
14-06-2011, 07:25 PM
You need these Stewart - 2.5 cm and no one will know
http://www.daytona.de/english/boots_e/gore.html

Albie
14-06-2011, 07:33 PM
I can recommend these Sidi's .I got about a year ago after my dainese started to hole in the front. They are water waterproof but not water tight from above unless you have trousers over. Warm and comfy for all uses. I paid £189 I think but well worth it.

http://www.motorcyclefootwear.co.uk/Sidi-B2-Gore-Tex_B23B7U.aspx

smudgerii
14-06-2011, 08:56 PM
Puma, quality boots. On offer in J&S accessories

Mark B
14-06-2011, 10:47 PM
can anyone recommend me some boots for wearing with leathers (casual not race) I gave my MX boots a go tonight and I couldn't feel the brake or change gear to well. I don't really like the look of sport bike style boots.
Any suggestions?

MX ? ...... SMX Alpinestars? ..... if so and there new'ish give 'em a chance ... once the're bedded in you'll not wear a better boot imo ..... it took me a good few rides to get them to loosen up properly ...

Alpinestars all the way for me ... :yoparty:

Drake
15-06-2011, 07:56 AM
MX ? ...... SMX Alpinestars? ..... if so and there new'ish give 'em a chance ... once the're bedded in you'll not wear a better boot imo ..... it took me a good few rides to get them to loosen up properly ...

Alpinestars all the way for me ... :yoparty:

Mx Tech 3's (Alpinestars) = motocross boots. They were way to stiff for gear changes and rear brake use

Redkite
16-06-2011, 03:15 PM
I had mostly Daytonas for years, good kit, but my current boots are Puma Desmo V2's, which are lighter , higher, more flexible, look good\sporty, and relatively inexpensive when compared to Daytonas.
IMHO the Pumas are one of the best boots around at the moment.

jimz750
16-06-2011, 03:51 PM
TORQUE IN Boots Dainese in Black , Just bought these which are specifically made to where under leathers. Very Very comfortable. £189.00 if there within your price range.

Blah blah
20-06-2011, 07:17 PM
Prexport Sonic's, I bought these to replace my last pair of Prexports, and they lasted 10 years of road riding, racing, enduro (!) before they finally gave up the ghost... dead comfy

Johnnyrob
30-06-2011, 08:39 PM
After my ancient prexport boots (can't remember the type) gave way after years of riding I sourced a pair of Alpinestars GPS. I am well impressed with the feel of them and they appear to keep the foot dry too.

hipshaker
14-08-2011, 07:21 PM
i use daytonas too .... roadstar i think. very nice ... comfortable.

SBAbruzzo
17-08-2011, 09:10 PM
My better half bought me a pair of Dainese Axial Race for my birthday. I have them in plain black but they do a rather striking black and white colour version. They are a simple design and look understated. I find them extremely comfortable and there is good forward movement at the ankle whilst being rigid sideways with some carbon protection. Can't vouch for their extreme weather capabilities though.

Thirdway
21-08-2011, 01:17 PM
Daytona Roadstar. First pair still not worn out after 15 years ! Bought a pair of GTX's because I fancied the waterproof membrane and the sole on my old pair were beginning to lose some grip and the gear protector was flapping about.

The difference is that daytona will re-sole and repair the boots, so you will get bored with them long before they need replacing. Quality is excellent and superb comfort. Even the none waterproof boots managed without any leaks. Squeak free as well and can be worn on a 10 mile ramble which pretty much speaks for the off bike comfort.

Altberg are just down the road from me and I would also recommend them even though I have never had a pair. They take a lot of care over customers needs and I have bought 2 pairs of walking boots from them.

Saint aka ML
21-08-2011, 01:51 PM
Sidi only got high and now low pair as well. Sound is unmistekable when you walk :)

comedian1708
21-08-2011, 10:14 PM
Daytona here to, awsum waterproof boot, got the ones with the hidden internal heel insert (m-Star), makes a huge difference when vertically challenged like myself. Bought them second hand (ebay), payed little over £60, in fab nic, couldnt be happier....

He11cat
22-08-2011, 01:40 AM
Just to add .. I have some akitos .. which are a bunch of pony.... cut my legs the stitching was so bad and that nasty harsh cheap velcro.
I have some Lewis leather boots nice but not a patch on Daytonas !!
I go away for weekends in muddy fields and live in my GTX .. so so comfy!!!! I have a spare pair in case I trash them love them so much