PDA

View Full Version : Help! Trackday Insurance

Bikergirl
13-06-2011, 03:52 PM
I am trying to find trackday insurance ... it seems that MORIS (I used them last year) no longer handle trackdays, nor do Pit & Paddock exist any longer.... My own insurer wont cover me (Swinton).
I have done an extensive google search and come up blank.
Anyone out there who can help ... P L E A S E :flag:

Mr Cake
13-06-2011, 04:02 PM
If you've had a good search about and not come up with anything I suppose the only advice would be is to be careful.

C

Bikergirl
13-06-2011, 04:19 PM
From experience, it is not me that I am worried about ..... I was nearly taken out by another biker last year acting like a plonker .... he finally dropped the bike right in front of me ... the bike took a few seconds to spin off and I was lucky not to hit it .....:fou:

gary tompkins
13-06-2011, 04:36 PM
Anyone riding like an idiot will get warned, and unless they back off or enough people complain will ultimately get a red card. With only 30 (ish) riders on track each session it should be easy to maintain enough space between bikes, and avoid tripping over someone if they fall off. I'm sure Slob/No limits will do a pre-track day talk in the morning to remind everyone of the rules. Remember it's the responsibility of the overtaker to make sure it's done in a safe way, without putting other riders at risk.

The only reason to drop the monster is if you ride outside your own limits

Oh.. and do yourself a favour and ask the No Limits guys for some on track instruction

rollo22
13-06-2011, 07:25 PM
Found these

www.trackdays.co.uk/bike_track_day_insurance
www.4counties.co.uk/index.php?pg=36

Nickj
13-06-2011, 07:32 PM
Probably best to get it while you can the way things are going with insurance

Bikergirl
13-06-2011, 08:02 PM
Found these

www.trackdays.co.uk/bike_track_day_insurance
www.4counties.co.uk/index.php?pg=36

Thanks .... I used 4 Counties last year - they only insure persons - not the bike unfortunately :thumbsdown:
The link to trackdays.co.uk does not work?? Will keep trying :look:

MonstaChicky
14-06-2011, 09:53 AM
I used to have myself covered for injury but never the bike...but I never rode anything very expensive on track! :)

There are ways of reducing risk of damage if you do lots of trackdays...I had track fairings on...there is mixed advice on using crash bungs as they can cause the bike to flip if not fitted well...engine casings can be protected, etc...

Also depends on the group you ride in...I found people were pretty erratic in novices...mind you, even in inters you get some bizarre lines!!! But the overtaking tends to be a little more polite than in fast group!

Bikergirl
14-06-2011, 11:26 AM
[QUOTE
Also depends on the group you ride in...I found people were pretty erratic in novices...mind you, even in inters you get some bizarre lines!!! [/QUOTE]

Hmmmm:cens:
Say no more!!!!!!

J.P
14-06-2011, 11:43 AM
I think you're worrying way too much.

MonstaChicky
14-06-2011, 11:49 AM
Ooops didn't mean to worry you more! Sorry!

You'll be absolutely fine...it's way safer than road riding...no potholes or diesel spillages, no lorries heading at you...just you and your machine in perfect harmony on a smooth surface :)

J.P
14-06-2011, 11:53 AM
And even when you're in close proximity to other riders you know that they aren't going to slam the brakes on because a car/cat/horse appears in the road round the next corner.

Bikergirl
14-06-2011, 12:07 PM
Ooops didn't mean to worry you more! Sorry!

You'll be absolutely fine...it's way safer than road riding...no potholes or diesel spillages, no lorries heading at you...just you and your machine in perfect harmony on a smooth surface :)

Wearing a blindfold ?? :spin: LOL !!!