PDA

View Full Version : Tt3d

the_adam
13-06-2011, 01:15 PM
Is it just me or is it really hard to find anywhere to see this film? :confused:

Thinking about going to see it at Trafford centre odeon on wednesday evening if anyone felt like coming along, starts at 9.30? Know it's short notice but I couldn't find anywhere showing it beyond thursday (and I'm not free that night!) :)

Albie
13-06-2011, 02:47 PM
Is it just me or is it really hard to find anywhere to see this film? :confused:

Thinking about going to see it at Trafford centre odeon on wednesday evening if anyone felt like coming along, starts at 9.30? Know it's short notice but I couldn't find anywhere showing it beyond thursday (and I'm not free that night!) :)

Yes its a limited market film as they see it. Not everyone likes bikes or films about bikes so they restricted it like they seem to have done to the Senna film. Its a must see and has totally got my caroline into TT racing to the point of can we watch it now rather than later.

Cant wait to get the dvd as want to see it again to the bits I missed laughing.;)

Mr Cake
13-06-2011, 02:57 PM
And totally got you into sideburns, aye chief? :D

SpatchCake

Albie
13-06-2011, 03:06 PM
And totally got you into sideburns, aye chief? :D

SpatchCake

Well for a little while. She made it clear they had to go :worried: I hate shaving .:twak: I actually fancy a brew.

Funkatronic
13-06-2011, 05:51 PM
or a glass of wha-ter

only 1 cinema in whole of london showing it!! christ

gary tompkins
13-06-2011, 06:07 PM
http://youtu.be/wTGrwrNAUVk

JerryT
13-06-2011, 07:43 PM
Did you see my post earlier today? Pity you can't beam yourself down to Soton tomorrow afternoon. I've managed to get the afternoon off to go watch it. I could have gone on rainy Sunday yesterday if only I'd realised it was on sooner. I guess you could just keep checking all your local cinemas...

If only there was app for that... :idea: :D

JerryT
13-06-2011, 07:45 PM
Oh and they're showing the Senna film too!!

Rally
13-06-2011, 09:16 PM
Did you see my post earlier today? Pity you can't beam yourself down to Soton tomorrow afternoon. I've managed to get the afternoon off to go watch it. I could have gone on rainy Sunday yesterday if only I'd realised it was on sooner. I guess you could just keep checking all your local cinemas...

See you there Jerry! D

Albie
13-06-2011, 09:18 PM
Enjoy it boys.:chuckle::chuckle:

the_adam
13-06-2011, 10:57 PM

I did, think it might be slightly too much of a journey for me though - unless I was to gain a bit too much inspiration from watching the TT! :idea: Of course, on the monster that would involve getting up to full speed straight away and then not stopping... :D

LouSCannon
14-06-2011, 12:57 PM
Is it the Audio Described version Adam? Last time I checked that was the only version running at the Trafford Centre?

the_adam
14-06-2011, 01:10 PM
It didn't say anything...guess I'd better check though :)

the_adam
14-06-2011, 01:16 PM
Doesn't seem to say anything about it on the odeon site, although I guess that doesn't mean very much...where did you check it?

http://www.odeon.co.uk/fanatic/film_info/s20/Trafford_Centre/m13307/TT3D_Closer_To_The_Edge/

the_adam
15-06-2011, 12:05 PM
After developing some brake problems I've decided it's probably best to give it a miss and get the bike sorted out instead - unless anyone else had planned to wander along that is :)

littlejimmy12
15-06-2011, 01:17 PM
or a glass of wha-ter

only 1 cinema in whole of london showing it!! christ

Yup, I went down to Westfield with Simons, what they failoed to mention on the website is that there charging £17 per ticket for their special cinema!!!:fiery::fiery:

JerryT
15-06-2011, 01:39 PM
Enjoy it boys.:chuckle::chuckle:

Cheers Albie!

It was Brill! To be honest I would have enjoyed it just as much if it was in 2D, but the 3D is quite amazing - in places very realistic - in others a little OTT. However, it's a very good movie in any case (even the critic Mark Kermode thought so and he doesn't like sport or bikes!) :thumbsup:

It was the first time I had seen Connor Cummins' crash properly - OMG. He's a very lucky chap not to have added his name to the long list of dead TT riders.

I'm pretty sure Rally enjoyed it too... :D