PDA

View Full Version : LED Tail light / Indy combo

number24
11-06-2011, 08:05 PM
Well I order this EXACT product off eBay expecting an LED tail light and nothing more... When it arrived it seemed to have far too many wires and when fiddling about with it today to see if works i discovered it has built in turn signals too!:mand:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110686059235&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Unfortunately two of the wires touched accidentally and blew a fuse and I need proper cable connectors but it's looking like a tail chop is looming for the beast :D

EDIT: Great service, and seems to be great quality. Arrived from China in less than one week, with no import tax.

the_adam
12-06-2011, 03:47 PM
Done well there :thumbsup:

Just a little word of caution if you're planning on using them...they tidy up the back end nicely and work very well at night but are quite difficult to make out on a sunny day. Most people seem ok with them at other times but I've got one mate that says he finds it hard to focus on which side of it is flashing. Got the "clear alternatives" version fitted to mine, assuming if its a cheaper copy they may be dimmer

number24
12-06-2011, 04:12 PM
Seems pretty bright, just flashes too fast.

slob
12-06-2011, 04:17 PM
Needs a ballast resistor to slow the flash rate down. Check in the LED indicator section at MandP or Busters. Be warned some MOT places will fail it for insufficient space between indicators so you may need to shop around at test time.

the_adam
12-06-2011, 11:23 PM
I didn't risk it and put some normal ones on for the MOT :) I did wonder if just painting a bit of a black line down the middle would be enough to make them happy, although I guess it's still flashing between yellow and red (instead of yellow and off... think I saw that somewhere in the guidelines too!)

PedroII
13-06-2011, 12:45 AM
ha! no way, was looking at those online today. Rear end looks nice with those. Did you get from here number24: http://www.aliexpress.com/product-gs/454222064-Motorcycle-LED-Taillamp-1994-2008-Ducati-Monster-600-750-900-Clear-LED-Tail-Light-Signals-wholesalers.html ?

number24
13-06-2011, 06:53 AM
No, I got it from the link in the first one. I was thinking I might keep the standard winkies for the MOT test, just in case!

Really annoyed at how bad my maths was on the on the calculation for the resistor though! haha. Oh well, Maplins Wednesday.... Again!

number24
15-06-2011, 07:57 PM
Well i wired it up today with bullet plugs so i can plug in / out for standard ones for the MOT and I thought i'd test the new resistors i got. The indys are now working fine with no resistors... confused.com

the_adam
15-06-2011, 10:39 PM
Mine didn't have a resistor to begin with and they seemed to work fine. Then one mysteriously starting flashing twice as fast. Now they both do! I don't really understand it either :)