PDA

View Full Version : S4 mystery water temp light

Loosehead
11-06-2011, 06:35 PM
heres one that may of cropped up before.... 02 S4 nice shiny new rad, one a standard run after about 20 mins I get the temp light come on. Now I have done the following:
changed the coolant
checked the even temp on the rad
all pipework get up to temp and feels taught with the pressure
fans spin up and go off
the temp light only seems to come on when I am on the road.

checked the earth strap just in case, I was thinking a dodgy sensor as I have run out of ideas...:freak:

Albie
11-06-2011, 06:41 PM
heres one that may of cropped up before.... 02 S4 nice shiny new rad, one a standard run after about 20 mins I get the temp light come on. Now I have done the following:
changed the coolant
checked the even temp on the rad
all pipework get up to temp and feels taught with the pressure
fans spin up and go off
the temp light only seems to come on when I am on the road.

checked the earth strap just in case, I was thinking a dodgy sensor as I have run out of ideas...:freak:
I had an issue with mine after rebuild bike from frame powdercoated. I had the fans on for the first time ever. I checked connections first. Then put thermostat in boiling water to check it opened. Flushed system again after fitting samco hoses . It all seem fine. Refilled and think it was air lock. All was fine again.

Loosehead
11-06-2011, 06:47 PM
Cheers Albie, seems to be a familiar trait with these twitchy S4's, I have got some samco's on order so I'll give em a go. cheers mate