PDA

View Full Version : Quote of the Day

Pedro
06-06-2011, 09:43 PM
found this, attributed to Guy Martin...

"Its not a real crash if you still have hold of the handle bars is it??"

Mad as a box of frogs....

Good result in the Supersport TT today for him but that first win is still eluding him.

utopia
06-06-2011, 11:47 PM
Have to say, if its on a track, particularly the TT course, I think I agree with him.
I agree about the frogs too, though.
I watched the tv coverage tonight, and although not without good wishes for all the riders, it was Guy who I was rooting for.
There were some excellent shots of his eyes....really made you think about what was going on behind them.

He11cat
07-06-2011, 12:58 PM
He's a great fella .... nothing wrong with mad as a box of frogs ... ive been rooting for Guy.
Hats off to all those who bomb round the TT track it takes great skill and a degree of madness I think!

He's thinking about his brew thats what.
That chap has the making of a legend I feel ... a rare breed ..got to love Guy !

utopia
07-06-2011, 02:08 PM
You can imagine his comments on the podium when he does finally win one.
"proper job that, boy, I think we've earned ourselves a brew".
Someone should produce a special blend in celebration...Guy's TT Tea. And celebration mugs too (not cups though).

Stuart42
07-06-2011, 02:18 PM
Think most people would hold off making a celebration mug for him with his current bad luck. The way his luck is going if they did the handles would fall off.

Rally
07-06-2011, 02:32 PM
Last nights quote by Guy was something close to; "Its the fact that you die if you come off here that I like" And that was said with a smile on his face as well.

giler
07-06-2011, 02:34 PM
It's like someone has mixed McGuiness, Dibnah and Wolverine together - top
concoction!

Dookbob
07-06-2011, 06:42 PM
It,s a fact , there is only one Guy Martin, thats for sure.

Capo
07-06-2011, 06:56 PM
I noted that two people were wearing Guy Martin T shirts at the weekender

Albie
07-06-2011, 07:15 PM
I noted that two people were wearing Guy Martin T shirts at the weekender

Well spotted Stu.

He's a great fella .... nothing wrong with mad as a box of frogs ... ive been rooting for Guy.
Hats off to all those who bomb round the TT track it takes great skill and a degree of madness I think!

He's thinking about his brew thats what.
That chap has the making of a legend I feel ... a rare breed ..got to love Guy !

Can't stand the bloke myself :D No really have to say they are all gutsy blokes and totally admire them. Guy is just such a character he draws you in naturally. He didn't look at all comfy on the suzuki 600 it was bouncing around a good'un. I guess theres a compromise in setup across that distance. Glad he at least got on the podium.:woot::woot:

Pedro
07-06-2011, 07:42 PM
Guys a legend in the making

crust
07-06-2011, 07:42 PM
It's like someone has mixed McGuiness, Dibnah and Wolverine together - top
concoction!

Except:

He dismissed McGuiness as "right weak in the head" - McGuiness - 16 wins, GM - 0

Didnah actually knew what he was talking about

Wolverine - you can have that one, sums him up, all image and no substance

You want a proper TT star in the making try Dan Kneen, fractured his back mid April, racing at the TT in June.

Blew up his 600 in practice so they dusted off an old R6 < 2008 bike and he took it to 6th, first privateer. They scrutineered the bike after the race as it was such a shed, heaviest bike they've had on the scales that they could remember.

The kids a star.

Mand
07-06-2011, 07:50 PM
I like guy, met Casey stoner in 2008 wearing a guy Martin t shirt, how about that for blazing a trail? Got the photos to prove it. Daves had the sideburns since 1990 god knows when....

Mcguinness is the real deal.... No doubt about that.
Doesn't need to refurb a barge to prove it.

Now let's get comfy to see what itv4 will bring tonight.. if guy wins the superstock, there would be no lady shouting and cheering louder than me

Make of that what you will....

Albie
07-06-2011, 07:54 PM
I like guy, met Casey stoner in 2008 wearing a guy Martin t shirt, how about that for blazing a trail? Got the photos to prove it. Daves had the sideburns since 1990 god knows when....

Mcguinness is the real deal.... No doubt about that.
Doesn't need to refurb a barge to prove it.

Now let's get comfy to see what itv4 will bring tonight.. if guy wins the superstock, there would be no lady shouting and cheering louder than me

Caroline will be cheering along side you Mand. She and I was gutted on sunday night watching his bike break.

I dont mind who wins as long as he rides the socks off it but hopefully Guy

Stafford
07-06-2011, 09:01 PM
PRICELESS "do you know what spatchcock is? I though it was something to do with a massage parlour" (paraphrased)

Albie
07-06-2011, 09:12 PM
Made us laugh. Great racing tonight. Worthy winner as per usual.

Liz
07-06-2011, 09:19 PM
I'm with Caroline, gutted when Guy's bike broke down the other day. I know he doesn't appear to want the publicity and he just seems such a great 'down-to-earth' bloke. As said earlier, the new Fred Dibner?!! The Boat that Guy Built was a really good series. Go Guy!

He11cat
07-06-2011, 10:12 PM
I liked that series ... There is something about him ... down to earth honest charm with a hint of madness... such energy..
Go Guy !!!...
I thought the GM sideburns really suited Albie!!!!!!
Shuffy was doing a bit of an Elvis lol!!...

Stafford
14-06-2011, 08:05 PM
Priceless.

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kxUlCmnntPQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rally
14-06-2011, 09:04 PM
Initially I thought you mean't Guy like usual, luckilly I kept watching through John Mc Guinness as well! What a lad eh?